Honey gourami from Petco????!

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Soooooo I went to Petco to look at zebra danios (I needed a few females) and they sometimes have honey gouramis (yay! I won't have to ship any to me). Anyone who has gotten honey gouramis from petco, how did that work? Would you guys recommend me getting them from Petco? I don't have any breeders/freshwater fish stores so it's either Petco or shipping. Thanks!

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It depends on the Petco that you go to. Some Petcos take good care of their fish and some don't. If you see anything that is off or if you have doubts about the fish, then do not buy it.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
My local chain stores aren't that bad IMO. Fish all look nice and bright but the employees are pretty bad with stocking. I mean seriously, clown loaches with nerites? Tiger barbs with DISCUS? Tiger barbs with LONG FINNED TIGER BARBS? Small neon tetras with golden wonder killis?
Wow that sounds bad. I'm no expert on fish but that sounds terrible! My Petco is pretty good with that. They keep docile fish with docile fish and they seem to feed the fish well (I didn't see any dead fish execp for feeder fish).

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Petco seems to know a lot about fish, and I prefer them over Petsmart. The honey gouramis I’ve gotten there have been pretty healthy. They’re a bit pricey there, though.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
My Petco seems to know a lot about fish, and I prefer them over Petsmart. The honey gouramis I’ve gotten there have been pretty healthy. They’re a bit pricey there, though.
I don't really care what price they are tbh l. I've been looking for them for FOREVER so getting healthy ones are really what I'm looking for ¶=. They looked healthy and my quarantine is almost ready so I'm going to get them soon!

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't really care what price they are tbh l. I've been looking for them for FOREVER so getting healthy ones are really what I'm looking for ¶=. They looked healthy and my quarantine is almost ready so I'm going to get them soon!
That was like how I was when I first saw them! They really do enjoy their groups. It’s so fascinating to watch them communicate through body language!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom