Honey Gourami Colors?

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So everywhere I go I see solid gold/yellow Honey Gourami. I have seen pictures online of Honey Gourami that are light yellow to dark orange except for a blue black area from nose to tail. I was also told these are breeding colors on the male and not all the time. My LFS owner, Aaron says he does occasionally get those in. Is it worth the wait?

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So everywhere I go I see solid gold/yellow Honey Gourami. I have seen pictures online of Honey Gourami that are light yellow to dark orange except for a blue black area from nose to tail. I was also told these are breeding colors on the male and not all the time. My LFS owner, Aaron says he does occasionally get those in. Is it worth the wait?
If it's same fish just little bit different colorations it's totally up to you and what you want.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The wild form males get their breeding colours when they are happy and a female is present in my experience.

There are also gold and red forms available in my area.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My honey gourami is yellow, with orange fins.
I have seen other with black tipped fins, or a darker colored orange.

It all depends on the fish, but mostly you don't see the original coloration like in the wild.

jenmur

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
@appcontrol. Ah ok. I was just wondering if it was worth the wait.

@DoubleDutch. My LFS says they have gotten them in occasionally

@Redshark1. Yeah, Aaron said they didn’t keep those bright colors. I haven’t seen the red at this store before, but I have at another.

@Fanatic I see a lot of yellow/gold ones of varying shades. I’m just wondering if it’s worth the wait to try and get the wild type

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom