Honey Gourami and German Blue Ram?

summitgray

Reaction score
Currently in the process of stocking my planted 30 gallon established tank. Can 1 Honey Gourami and 1 German Blue Ram live together? The tank also has a school of 12 Harlequin Rasboras as well as a couple Nerite snails. I thought about getting a pair of honey gourami but heard that its best to leave them either alone or in a group (which I don't have room for). I just want to make sure the tank stays relatively peaceful.

fish47

Reaction score
Yes, they should be fine but all rams have different personalities so it would be best to go to a store and choose a ram yourself that is not acting aggressively towards other tank mates. Of course I understand if you don't want to risk going to a store and you just want to order it but just try to be careful about it.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
summitgray said:
Currently in the process of stocking my planted 30 gallon established tank. Can 1 Honey Gourami and 1 German Blue Ram live together? The tank also has a school of 12 Harlequin Rasboras as well as a couple Nerite snails. I thought about getting a pair of honey gourami but heard that its best to leave them either alone or in a group (which I don't have room for). I just want to make sure the tank stays relatively peaceful.
Hi there, as far as I know honey gouramis wouldn't appreciate the heat that GBR need, plus both are social fish, doing best in multiples.

fish47

Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Hi there, as far as I know honey gouramis wouldn't appreciate the heat that GBR need, plus both are social fish, doing best in multiples.
ok yeah thanks I just remembered I got the ram mixed up with Bolivian rams :( my bad!, and didn't know about the groups! do Bolivian rams need to be in groups?

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
fish47 said:
ok yeah thanks I just remembered I got the ram mixed up with Bolivian rams :( my bad!, and didn't know about the groups! do Bolivian rams need to be in groups?
Well rams and gouramis don't need to be in groups but since they are social, (especially the rams) I like to suggest multiples of them.

New Threads