Honestly Some People ...

seagullnz

HI Everyone, been a while since I last posted. Things are all going great with Zen Betta Boy (apart from some brown algae! in his tank).

So, I was watching a house design type show this morning and a lady was showing off her dining room ... well there above her dining table was a chandelier type light fixture with a teardrop shaped glass pendant hanging below the candle holders and ...

She announced ... "just for looks I have a SamurI Fighting Fish in there, don't worry I'm not being cruel they like to live in small spaces" !!!!

A SAMURI fighting fish! She didn't even know what the poor guy was.

I was disgusted and now am venting!

sirdarksol

Ugh... I can't say any more than that.
You've got to think about it: If you stop to defend your stance as not being cruel before anybody says anything about it, maybe it's cruel.

richard7467

she must be a very happy person....they do say ignorance is bliss people like that in all walks of life make me....well want to beat them.aaaarrrggghhh

kieley

maybe it was trained in the art of karate

Fishies-for-me

a samurI fighting fish...ummm wouldn't that be a SWORDtail???

mrsmuffin

A friend of mine went to Florida last week for a friends wedding. She was talking about how cute the centerpieces were with bettas in them.... Of course my first question was "WHAT did they do with all of those fish when the reception was over??" She said that there were all kinds of drunk people taking them home. Ugh, those poor fish!!

sirdarksol

kieley said:
maybe it was trained in the art of karate
Try Jiu-Jitsu. Karate is Okinawan, and not an art the samuraI practiced. (sorry, martial-arts nerd).

Fishies-for-me said:
a samurI fighting fish...ummm wouldn't that be a SWORDtail???
Heh. ;D

mrsmuffin said:
A friend of mine went to Florida last week for a friends wedding. She was talking about how cute the centerpieces were with bettas in them.... Of course my first question was "WHAT did they do with all of those fish when the reception was over??" She said that there were all kinds of drunk people taking them home. Ugh, those poor fish!!
We've heard about this before, and it's really sad.

COBettaCouple

Yea, she's got guilt that makes her defend her animal cruelty in the name of personal vanity.

Red1313

That's up there with the fish in a shoe one. Except that she's had someone give her "heck" for having that fish in there already.

Phinny12

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Allie

Are you kidding me? I was expecting the whole chandelier to be the tank, not one crystal. GRRR!!!

sirdarksol

Allie said:
Are you kidding me? I was expecting the whole chandelier to be the tank, not one crystal. GRRR!!!
If you could get the ceiling to support it, and if the tank could support it, that would be really neat.

Phinny12

That would be cool but those frequent water changes would be tough!

sirdarksol

I figure if you're bothering to put a tank in the ceiling, you're going to put automatic water change equipment in, as well.

Phinny12

Wow...That would be the coolest.. I was in a Rainforest Cafe one time and the whole entrance was these huge tube shaped aquariums....very cool...really beautiful fish... I could not eat I was mezmorized...I was definitely more impressed than the people I was there with.

sirdarksol

I love huge, odd aquariums. My favorite aquarium I've ever seen was the cuttlefish exhibit at Epcot. It was a huge cylinder probably 10' diameter, and at least 10' high.

Phinny12

Me too!

welshalien

Phinny12 said:
Wow...That would be the coolest.. I was in a Rainforest Cafe one time and the whole entrance was these huge tube shaped aquariums....very cool...really beautiful fish... I could not eat I was mezmorized...I was definitely more impressed than the people I was there with.
Was this the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom in Disney World? I've only ever been to that RC so maybe they're all the same! Their aquariums are AMAZING!!!

sirdarksol said:
I love huge, odd aquariums. My favorite aquarium I've ever seen was the cuttlefish exhibit at Epcot. It was a huge cylinder probably 10' diameter, and at least 10' high.

Kelly

Phinny12

Kelly, it was the one in The Arizona Mills Mall in Phoenix, Az

jdhef

Judi

They also have one in Atlantic City.

welshalien

Phinny12 said:
Kelly, it was the one in The Arizona Mills Mall in Phoenix, Az
Ahhh -- maybe they're all decorated the same then....during my meals there I spend at least as much time staring at the fish as I do eating!

Kelly

COBettaCouple

Yea, they have some cool tanks over at the Rainforest Cafes down at Disney, with the one at Downtown Disney being my favorite.

welshalien

COBettaCouple said:
Yea, they have some cool tanks over at the Rainforest Cafes down at Disney, with the one at Downtown Disney being my favorite.
I've never eaten at the Downtown Disney RC -- maybe on my December trip, I'll make it over there for lunch...gotta check out the fish, of course!!!

Kelly

Phinny12

Maybe they all have it! Wow That's cool..I will have to check out the Atlantic City one. Thanks for the info jdhef!

jdhef

You're Welcome

Top Bottom