Homemade Vacation Feeder.

JacobsFish
So I had some leftover broken algae wafer pieces, so I smashed them in to powder, added some water and got this algae paste. Then I put some fish flakes in it. The flakes contained seafood such as whole salmon, halibut, black cod, whole herring, whole shrimp, and whole krill. I mixed the flakes in with the algae paste and molded it into a cube. Is this safe for the fish? And if it is, do you have any ideas on drying it out?
-Jacob

EbiAqua
Don't do vacation feeder blocks, DIY or otherwise. They will foul your tank water and rot, potentially killing your fish.

JacobsFish
Ok, thanks. I did end up dropping a small chunk the size of it in the tank, the size of half a cooked pea, will it be ok?

EbiAqua
Ok, thanks. I did end up dropping a small chunk the size of it in the tank, the size of half a cooked pea, will it be ok?

Your fish will probably have it eaten. How big is the tank and what fish btw?

EbiAqua
40 gallons, I have 3 cory cats, 2 angels, 8 zebra danios, 4 neon tetras, 3 lamp eye tetras, 3 guppies, a silver molly, balloon molly, and black molly, a swordtail, and a dwarf gourami
I am aware that I have reached my tanks limit

Not really that you're maxed out, your stocking is just really all over the place... I could give you advice if you'd like.

But that amount of food will be fine. Going on vacation soon? If so, how many days?

JacobsFish
No advise thanks, but no, I just was curious about diy vacation feeders. Thanks for the help!

EbiAqua
No advise thanks, but no, I just was curious about diy vacation feeders. Thanks for the help!

Nice "Almighty Loaf" profile pic

JacobsFish
Aquilist
I presume this tank is uncycled (it states on your profile). You really should take some advice, sort out your tank.

JacobsFish
I presume this tank is uncycled (it states on your profile). You really should take some advice, sort out your tank.
No, It's cycled. Where on my profile did it say that? I'm new to this site

Aquilist
On your profile the question is asked 'Do you know about the nitrogen cycle?" which you answered 'no.' to.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dch48
Replies
Views
rebelutu
Replies
Views
tlb0680
  • Question
Replies