@home debate, does this betta have fin rot yes/no

Obli

Reaction score
So my wife and I are having a bit of a debate.
We got a Betta like a week ago, and it wasn't I great shape admittedly. But last week my wife thought the Bbetta is having fin rot. Now about 5 days later I still disagree but to settle I thought I would ask here. Mind you he ain't nothing to special , comes from a garden center , not a pet store, but all in all I think he is in good health just had a rough ride and needs some more tlc.
Somewhere during the week :
image3[7538].jpeg

This saturday , excuse the cloudyness just added soem new water and plants :) (slightly out of focus to ....)
image0[7535].jpeg

Salem

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Doesn't look like finrot to me though it does look a little bit torn up.

Your profile says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle though, I highly suggest you research that. It is the most important thing when it comes to having fish. If your tank is not cycled it may be causing his fins to look like that.

rhyan

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Salem said:
Doesn't look like finrot to me though it does look a little bit torn up.

Your profile says you don't know about the nitrogen cycle though, I highly suggest you research that. It is the most important thing when it comes to having fish. If your tank is not cycled it may be causing his fins to look like that.
I agree! There's also some transparent film around of it's fin so maybe they're healing but as what Salem advice research and do a cycle it will do wonders to his fins.

New Threads