Home-Brew Ink-Bird ITC-1000F Heater Controller

Mongo75

Well Known
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a heater controller for a while, but don't really like any of the one out there. This past week, after about 3 weeks of research, I bit the bullet, and started designing one to my own liking, based on the Ink-Bird ITC-1000F controller. I watched half a dozen videos, and liked a few of the designs I saw, and based my final design on them.

I'm using a project box that measures 7.9 x 4.7 x 2.95 inches. Everything will be running through a 10A fuse for safety. I'm mounting the controller in the bottom half of the box, on the end. It looks like this...
20200527_191615.jpg

The top of the box has 8 outlets, the power switches, and looks like this...
20200527_191542.jpg

The white outlet and the one just to it's right will be controlled by the switch on the left with the white outlet being for the heater(s) and the one to the right will be for the the filter and powerhead. Makes it easy to switch them all off during maintenance.

The four outlets on the right side will be for lights, and anything else I decide I want to plug in. The switch on the right will control all 8 outlets, should there ever be a need to turn them all off.

I'm still waiting for a strain relief and grommets for the main power and sensor and a few parts needed for the wiring so all I have done so far, is wired all the outlets with hot, neutral and ground, so they will be ready to be connected to the switches and main power when the parts get here.

I'm not as young as I used to be, and the hands aren't quite as steady as they used to be, so no comments on the Dremel work, but any other comments are, of course, welcome :)

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
At first i was lile what magic is this. Then i was like oh he wired the switch into the switch. Nice.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And not a gfi to be found. Nice. I like to live dangerously too. Lol.

OP
Mongo75

Mongo75

Well Known
Reaction score
david1978 said:
And not a gfi to be found. Nice. I like to live dangerously too. Lol.
I thought about it, but I figured almost everyone is using a power strip plugged into a standard outlet, so few people use one, then there was the price, one GFCI for the price of four regular outlets, and finally, I wasn't sure how to wire it since I'm going through 2 switches. My logic says it should be the first outlet, and the others should be daisy chained off of it, but I'm running them in parallel, not daisy chained, so I wasn't sure...

Plus, living dangerously is the spice of life :)

New Threads