HOLY MOTHER PEARL

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by atmmachine816, May 22, 2006.

1. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I have a light undermy tank so i turned it on and looked at the bottom of my tank and I saw what MASSIVE root systems my crpts have made. I never knew they grew so big and THICK it's amazing how fast they grow too. I was just wondering, some of the roots are running into the glass, should I redirect them so they have room to grow?

Austin

2. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

ATM, yup. I have a metal stand for my 30G tank and I am able to look underneath it to see my plants' roots too. They're spread all over the aquarium floor.

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The roots will be fine, they will re-direct themselves :) Crypts really don't like to be disturbed. Sounds like your doing right by them ;)
    Carol

4. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

Thanks, I moved their roots though because the three roots were growing up out of the gravel on the wall, was I wrong? Also the crypt finally formed a new plant but it's so small and it's just growing more leaves and not taller, will it ever grow taller?

5. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

You can trim the roots coming out of the gravel off if you want. the little plant will take off pretty soon. Babies!!! You must be doing something right ;)
    Carol

6. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

Well I hope that pretty soon is soon since it has been there for two months now and nothing is happening but do you think I could rotate one of my crypts 300 degrees so it looks better or would I be taking to much of a risk of killing it?