holy cow

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Petland made a HUGE mistake just now!!!

They called and told me the 125Gallon Tank that we ordered was in!!! The problem is I never ordered it!! My hubby did for my CHristmas Present!! YAYAY!!!:;gift

Holy cow I have no idea what I am going to do with all that space!! That does explain all the cedar my husband brought in. He is making me a stand! I am so excited atm. I don't know whether to play stupid or not lol. ..Where the heck am I going to put it...or what I am going to put in it..

2. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Play stupid. Disreetly start planning where you're going to put in it and what you're going to stock it with, but play stupid until he tells you for himself.

Congrats on the new tank! Looking forward to pics. :)

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Nice!!! Please don't ruin the surprise!!! ;) Now you can think about where you want to put it and what to stock!!!

My hubby did that last year with a camera lens - he bought it and I GOT THE EMAIL saying it was ordered! oooops! LOL And yes, I had to wait like 3 weeks and it was torture!!!

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I think you should start incessantly nagging him about getting a bigger tank ;)

5. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

wow. that's awesome!! I'd play stupid... it's a wonderful surprise.

6. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

LOL

Better start adding sponges to your existing tanks! You'll be all set!

7. OP
    OP
    llfish

Oh my gosh Lucy, Great idea! I never even thought about it. I am starting to think about stock I would love discus, but this tank will be downstairs in the rumpus room where the kids play and i know they are a little touchy..I think my kids would scare the heck out of them :(. So I was thinking some blood parrots, a rainbow shark. I was going to get a 75 g for quite some time, I was going to get it last week but I could not fit it in the van haha, so I left it there, thank goodness I did!

8. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

That is wonderful news! Congratulations. I have a pair of blood parrots and they are real wusses and get upset very easily. If I walk fast past the front of my tank, they both run for cover as fast as they can and stay in their caves for a long time before they venture out again. So they might not be the best choice for a rumpus room.

9. OP
    OP
    llfish

I heard they can be shy, darn it!! Well it should be interesting stalking it. I would like to go with a few bigger fish, like i mentioned a rainbow shark, angels, love blood parrots but like you said they are shy, silver dollars maybe, and a good school of congos. So many options, well I have a month till Christmas and then setting up and cycling so about 2 months of planning.

10. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Congratulations on your new tank and I agree I wouldn't let the on that you know he must be excited to surprise you :)

11. ryanr

ryanr Fishlore Legend Member

Congrat's :D
    Great idea from Lucy in starting to seed some media :;hf

Ummm, question, now that they have called, and you took the call, how is hubby going to know it's in? If playing dumb, you can't exactly say "oh, btw Petland called" :;sh

12. aquatic

aquatic Valued Member Member

Congrats on the early gift knowledge!

He is obviously putting a ton of work and thought into the gift, I also vote for playing surprised.

13. OP
    OP
    llfish

I thought of that, I am hoping if he is waiting for them to call and they dont..that he will call them. If not I am friends with the fish manager and tell her what happened and she will call him.

I dont have a sponge filter..but I have an extra aqueon hob rated for a 20g..if I start this in one of my tanks this should work I am assuming.

@Ryan off the subject ..in regards to my 55g saltwater...I have 3 chromis, 1 bangaii (all i can find I know they are schooling but he might have to stay solo!), 2 clowns, 1 firefish and a yellow headed sleeper goby..do I have room for a coral beauty, or a 6 line wrasse..or both. And will they harrass my shrimp and hermits.

Considering he is not a fan of the 9 other tanks i have lol I AM surprised he is going with this 125g.

14. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Maybe it was a wrong number.
    Yikers!

15. ryanr

ryanr Fishlore Legend Member

You don't necessarily need sponge filters, just some media to start seeding. You can put sponges, or other media in some pantyhose and place near the filter intakes of your existing tanks. Then when the time comes, just move the seeded media over.... and whallah! instant cycle (or close too).

Re your SW: It's a separate topic, but yes, you could probably add either a six-line or a CB, I wouldn't do both given your existing stock. Neither would harm your inverts (IME) ;)

16. OP
    OP
    llfish

YAY thank you;)