Holidays gifts :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slimeneo, Dec 3, 2012.

1. slimeneo

slimeneo Valued Member Member

What are you planning to buy for your relatives/friends?

I think I'm going to buy some holiday socks, the ones with fur in them haha. Probably getting a couple of giftcards, and some stuff on   for unique gifts.

The holidays are coming so soon! I can't wait :)

2. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Is it bad my mom and I just went down the list and assigned giftcards for everyone? ... :p I'm thinking I should find something that will need wrapping!

3. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Haha well, I think only if you really have no idea what to get a person then you should resort to a giftcard :p

4. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

I go shopping online and put stuff in my cart that I believe people will like. Then I simplify the list a bit;)

5. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

I asked my brother what he wanted, and he said I didn't have to get him anything, and that he didn't want me to spend money on him (how cute!). I then said, "Alex, you could ask for anything you wanted, and I'd probably get it for you. I could even get you a kitten if you wanted!"

A kitten it is! lol.

My dad is a judge judy fan, so last year I got him a judge judy shirt (that he loves). Still trying to figure out a way to top that...

6. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Awww, I want a kitten.

I'm telling everyone I want a petsmart giftcard, tehehe. Hopefully I'll get a few of those :p

7. t

totes Valued Member Member

I don't know what I'm getting everyone else, but my list has a ton of fish related stuff on it. LOL

8. OP
    OP
    slimeneo

Unfortunately none of my friends know where the petstore/fish stores are so.. ~_~

9. Meeps83

Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

For the husband I'm getting:
    A set of t5 HO lights for his new tank
    CoD Black Ops 3 or Assassin's Creed III
    Step Brothers on Blu Ray
    Clothes

I don't like buying gift cards either. I am getting gift cards to GameStop for my nephews (12 and 13). That way they can buy the games they want, lol.

10. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Everyone that drives and is getting a gift will be receiving a Wawa( chain of gas stations all over Maryland) gift cards. Also a while back i gave a good friend my old ten gallon tank so he could.buy some kuhli loaches. Well he went out and bought angels. Now im looking for a cheap 30 gallon tank and will be giving him my established HOB filter.

As for my fish i bought marineland Leds for them

11. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Meeps, it's Black Ops 2. ;)

12. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Nothing. They will all get a card stating "a donation has been made in your name to this charity."
    Bahhhahahah!!!:p

13. Meeps83

Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

LOL I'd have figured it out eventually.

14. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

Craigslist? :) You'll be getting your friend a gift of a tank and a complete stranger a gift of $$$! 2 for 1 special!!! (I just saw several good deals in the Annapolis section. fyi)

I used to be really big on gifts, but it's alot harder now to get what someone actually wants/needs/doesn't already have/wont be receiving from someone else... atleast in my family thats the case. :/ I don't like putting a disclaimer "I've got a gift receipt if you want to return it"

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice