Holey Plant

DavidMicke

Plants have been in aquarium for 2-3 weeks and have rooted. Is this just the plant consuming itself for new growth in other areas or a deficiency?

I use liquid co2 and a 'flourish seachem' for fertilizer.
IMG_20190609_170636.jpg

kallililly1973

Looks like a deficiency. I would remove the damaged leaves and possibly switch to an all in one plant Fert. Such as Thrive or one that is compatible for your inhabitants.

Chanyi

Which Flourish fertilizer are you using?

There are several kinds of Seachem Flourish fertilizers, both tabs and liquid.

I agree it is a nutrient deficiency and the plant is consuming old growth to feed new growth.

Continue to use your glutaraldehyde source daily. Liquid CO2 can only be found in a pressurized tank

EbiAqua

Looks like several deficiencies, actually.

Flourish Comprehensive is just trace elements and lacks macros such as potassium, nitrogen, phosphate, and iron.

If I were you I'd start dosing something with more of what plants actually use. NilocG Thrive is the most concentrated and popular liquid fertilizer at the moment, I use it in my tanks with amazing results.

As for your plants, those leaves aren't salvageable. Once you are able to get a better fertilizer, trim off all of the most damaged leaves, leaving only the best looking intact. This will encourage the plant to stop wasting energy maintaining unhealthy leaves and instead focus on creating healthy new growth.

Thunder_o_b

You need potassium.

DavidMicke

Thanks. I'm gonna try that thrive stuff out. It's got great reviews

I've got the comprehensive flourish but I also need to buy flourish nitrogen, potassium and phosphate apparently.

So is this liquid co2 a con? Can I get by without a co2 pump?

15601258845302263326474815664634.jpg

kallililly1973

I dose Thrive 2x per week once the day after my WC then 4 days later another dose. I also on occasion dose Seachem Excel, Potassium and Iron The day after I dose my Thrive and my plants do very well. Sometimes I will dose a little Excel in between a few times a week but not all the time.

EbiAqua

The EasyCarbo isn't a replacement for injected CO2, even the picture on the bottle shows plants pearling from injected CO2.

But the good news is none if your plants require injected CO2, and you can continue dosing it as the main ingredient is an algacide.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Chuelsman
  • Question
50 Gallon Tank Newly planted aquarium
Replies
Views
AquaticsAH
Replies
Views