Holes in Fins After Ich

LisaYP

My Platy showed white spots on her tail over a week ago so shes been in quarantine. I treated her with Interpet Anti White Spot + treatment and the white spots have gone BUT shes been left with holes in her tail and her dorsal fin is showing a tear. I dont know what to now for her? Can anyone help us please? Thanks in advance

20200911_140657.jpg20200922_171154.jpg

LisaYP

jkkgron2 said:
Daily water changes and adding in a bit of aquarium salt should help her heal
Thank you. I read that aquarium salt is normal table salt? Is that correct or do i need to go to a lfs? Also shes in a 39 litre tank at the minute. How much salt do i put in, do i add more and how often do i change the water? Also how long do i keep her in there for? Sorry for all the questions. I've never had this before

jkkgron2

LisaYP said:
Thank you. I read that aquarium salt is normal table salt? Is that correct or do i need to go to a lfs? Also shes in a 39 litre tank at the minute. How much salt do i put in, do i add more and how often do i change the water? Also how long do i keep her in there for? Sorry for all the questions. I've never had this before
Aquarium salt isn’t normal table salt, I recommend buying it at your LFS. 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons would be my recommendation :). Daily water changes would be best, and i would add the amount of salt that would dose the water you replaced (like if you took out 3 gallons only add in 1 tablespoon to replace the 3 gallons you took out).
I would keep her in there until her fins are almost completely healed.

Top Bottom