Hole in the Head Disease, or a Scar

DeLaTorre96
Hey guys I’m new to this Fish Lore Forum even though I’ve learned all I know about fish keeping from here. New as in my first post. Anyways, I have this ten gallon freshwater tank fully cycled. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate roughly 10ppm. There’s about 1 1/2 inch of gravel that gets vacuumed once maybe twice a month. I have a Gourami, a Dalmatian, and a Platy. Ow and 4 Shrimp! The other day I noticed a pink kinda like a rash mark near my gourami’s head. Before we start assuming things! He likes to come in and out of this helmet ornament I have for them, I noticed the other day as he was coming out he sort of flinched because it seemed to me like he might have bumped his head. I didn’t get a picture of when I noticed the pink mark/rash looking mark near his head but I have a picture of what seems to be a scar now? What do you guys think? I just don’t want it to turn out to be some type of hole in the head case. They all eat quality flakes and pellets. Omega one freshwater flakes and some New Life Spectrum pellets with extra garlic at times. Blood worms for treats.

Attachments

• E48A8E24-EA4E-47ED-A33D-921466FA7410.jpeg
    E48A8E24-EA4E-47ED-A33D-921466FA7410.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 82
  • F6724DE0-244E-4832-9866-3AD870053885.jpeg
    F6724DE0-244E-4832-9866-3AD870053885.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 81

Advertisement
Coradee
Welcome to Fishlore sorry it’s a problem that brings you here hope our members can help you today

Advertisement
e_watson09
How long ago did you notice the injury, its possible he is just healing from it. I'd probably do extra water changes to promote healing and monitor for a couple weeks.

DeLaTorre96
How long ago did you notice the injury, its possible he is just healing from it. I'd probably do extra water changes to promote healing and monitor for a couple weeks.
I noticed the pinkish rash look about a week and a half ago, Just yesterday night I did notice some healing in general. I’m really hoping it’s just a scar but I’m not 100% convinced yet. I did do a water 30% water change on Monday.

e_watson09
I noticed the pinkish rash look about a week and a half ago, Just yesterday night I did notice some healing in general. I’m really hoping it’s just a scar but I’m not 100% convinced yet. I did do a water 30% water change on Monday.

If its the same place the injury happened it more than likely is just healing. You can do 2-3 times a week small water changes to help promote healing for the time being

DeLaTorre96
One positive thing I did notice was that its not spreading or anything, heck even seems to be shrinking in a way. One thing that does worry me a bit tho is that he hasn’t been that active. Active as in coming out of the helmet he likes to use and just swim around. 4 times out of 5 that I check on them, he’ll be inside the helmet just there

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
EMcT1985
Replies
Views
Dippiedee
Replies
Views
Hoken
Replies
Views