Hole in fish belly?!

GeorgieGirl1003

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Anyone know what this could be? Bacterial? Poor water conditions? Parasites? Yesterday he looked like his guts were popping out of his chest. A few hours later he was dead & lookslike his guts were sucked out. Only one other (also sick fish in tank.) Can imagine it was a decoration. I suspected & treated for parasites & bacterial infection a couple weeks ago. Cycle crashed & lost several to ammonia poisoning. I want to restock but would like to know what I’m dealing with here in case it happens again & how to treat it.

Attachments

ahouseofscales

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's really unusual... I would assume it to be some kind of mechanical injury or internal defect with this individual. I don't think it would be bacteria/parasites, especially since you treated for it. If it was an illness I would assume parasites, and I would guess that for this fish they created a defect in the muscle wall and caused expansion in the gut that pushed outside the body cavity. But, again, this is unusual. The only other thing I can think of is that this fish had an internal tumor that was growing and pushing on his organs.

OP
G

GeorgieGirl1003

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe a defect then. I can’t imagine what from the equipment or decorations might have done that since they are all silk.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom