Hola, I just registered on FL.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by utty, Mar 27, 2010.

1. utty

utty New Member Member

Hello everyone, :;scuba

I have been to the FL site many times over the last month or so. I just registered a few days ago so that I could put my two cents in and get advice on the forums. I used to keep fish years ago before the internet and my goodness there is so much more information available now that it's really eye opening. I cringe at the mistakes I made in the past. Yeah I had the books etc but there is nothing like the internet when it comes to this hobby (or any other) I have learned so much already from just reading here. About 3 weeks ago I picked up a used tank at a thrift store for 30 bucks. I think it's about 35 or 40 gallons. Not sure as it is a hexagon. I plan to keep freshwater angelfish in that one. Then last week I picked up another tank from the same store for 20 bucks. That one truly is 40 gallons and is rectangular. It's sort of wide and long. Just now checking it for leaks. The hex I re-siliconed it and just checked that for leaks as well. My cat pulled the syphon outta my tank last thurs night and I had 20 gallons of water on the floor before i noticed it.I swore blue streak at her! We made up.... I just now got epoxy coated, black gravel. I diy-ed my own canister filter with a submersible 260 gph water pump inside. Took a while to get the leaks outta that one. (Thanks to this forum I knew what materials were safe and what were not) I just ordered another submersible pump from ebay to make another nice canister filter. Btwn this site and youtube I have really gotten into this stuff!! So fun. Such a challenge. I want to do it right this time. Going to cycle my tanks soon. I have a beta but I may wait to put her in one tank. She's in a bowl right now.

I'll show pics of my diy canister filter if anyone wants to see it. Anyway i don't mean to write a novella here. Just wanted to say HELLO

Utty

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. thequietman44

thequietman44 Valued Member Member

Hello Utty! Glad you finally registered! Sounds like you'll definitely be an asset to the DIY section ;). Put up some pictures when you have time, we'd love to see your setup!

3. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Hello & Welcome to Fishlore! :;hi1 Glad you decided to join. :)

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore!:)

5. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

7. Alcmiller

Alcmiller Valued Member Member

Hey! Good to have you with us :) I just recently discovered the power of the Internet and Fish keeping. Magnificent ain't it?

8. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Carol

9. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore...home of very helpful people...:;hi2

10. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Hello and welcome !!!

11. OP
    OP
    utty

utty New Member Member

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. I will get pics of that filter up soon. I have to set up my tank today along with going to work. Be back soon. Utty

12. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FL. :;th

13. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

14. Fish_Man

Fish_Man Valued Member Member

Welcome!

15. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

:sign0016:

16. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forum!!! Once I saw a little carrier that holds fish at a thrift store. lol

17. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Bienvenido Utty!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice