Hola a todos

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Reyes, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Reyes

Reyes Valued Member Member

So, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Reyes, I'm Spanish, but living in Ireland since 2009 and my first Goldfish (a beautiful common) came in 2004 from a fun fair in a 2l container... That has never happened before on this forum, I'm sure:rolleyes: Of course, I bought a bigger tank as soon as I could, but I wish I had known then what I know now about fishkeeping.

Right now I have two tanks, one at my parents house in Spain, 60l with 3 8-year old Peppered Corydoras and a beautiful Anubias.

A year ago I got a 80l tank with a huge Blackmoor (5'') from somebody who was leaving the country and immediately bought a second hand 100l (26g) tank for him. As I had kept Corydoras with Goldfish in the past, I also got 8 Bronze ones, thinking that I would be able to keep the water parameters in check. I also planted Anubias and Java Fern. Well, nope. Last month everything got out of hand, my Blackmoor started suffering from fungus and I had to take the decision to rehome him, which my local lfs kindly agreed to do.

As soon as I took the Goldfish out of the tank, my Corys bred and I now have around 50 fry in a separate tank with an air pump:)
    I've planted more Anubias and Java Fern and I want to get a group of Harlequin Rasboras as soon as the plants had time to grow a bit.

All in all, I wish I had read more when my first Goldfish arrived... I will post some photos later on.

I am looking forward to learning more with yous!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

Welcome Reyes!!! Everyone makes some mistakes when they get started with fish keeping. Congratulations on the baby cories!! I'm sorry to hear about your black moor, but happy that your corys are doing well now.

There i a ton of information to be found on this forum for even the most experienced fish keepers. I hope you will be very happy here!

Hola!! Buenas dias!!

3. OP
    OP
    Reyes

Thanks a lot for the welcome!

I felt very sorry and very very guilty for the Blackmoor too, but it was the only responsible thing to do. I went to the shop last Thursday and my fish was still there, they told me they had had offers for him, but as they had promised, he was booked to go (adopted) to a lady with a 300l (80g) tank, so fair play to them:)

4. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Welcome! :) congrats on the cory fry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Danjamesdixon

Danjamesdixon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the forum.

You'd be EXTREMELY surprised, trust me.

6. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Hola amigo! Welcome to Fish Lore!!! Now, before we begin, I know my first phrase to you was in Spanish, but I don't know Spanish except for what very little I've been taught!!! Anyways, it's good to meet you! :D I'm BornThisWayBettas, Lady Gaga and betta super fan, but most people just call me BTWB! Sorry about your goldie, btw, but congrats on the cories!

7. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it. Alison

8. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! I'm jealous that you're living in Ireland!

9. OP
    OP
    Reyes

If you saw the weather we had yesterday you wouldn't be :-D

10. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

11. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice