Hobbyists Vs. Division of Wildlife

toeknee

Aquarium Hobbyists: "You can't keep a fish that prefers 76 degrees in a 78 degree tank it's stressful and they'll die!......You have to drip acclimate for 2 hours or they'll die!"

Division of Wildlife: "Bombs away!".......

esqueff

Yes this is very true hahaha. Gotta love my states way of acclimating fish! Utah for the win

AvalancheDave

The story behind this is that the traditional method of hauling them to the mountain lakes by mule was a bit tedious.

There's no reason they couldn't have pre-acclimated them to the lake's water and a good chance the breeding is done in water flowing down a river from those lakes.

Gel0city

I know I should remain a bit serious, but... that caught me off guard hilarious

AvalancheDave

It's posted on Facebook on a weekly basis along with Dog/Cat in Empty Aquarium and Girl Snorkeling in Aquarium.

Jerome O'Neil

The mortality rate for stocked fish is pretty high. As would your tank's mortality rate if you used the same methods.

Not to mention how you would get the airplane into your house.

goldface

toeknee said:
Aquarium Hobbyists: "You can't keep a fish that prefers 76 degrees in a 78 degree tank it's stressful and they'll die!......You have to drip acclimate for 2 hours or they'll die!"

Division of Wildlife: "Bombs away!".......
Besides temperature, I've seen my state fishery stock the same fish in completely different environments. I've seen fish trucks backup and dump fish in stained, blackwater rivers to crystal clear gravel pit ponds. Yeah, I never saw a need to drip acclimate fish.

toeknee

Just making a joke here folks.

Feohw

One hit the plane 6-7 seconds in... I'm sure he'll walk it off.

Top Bottom