Hobby Reboot Help 

Mychal

Reaction score
I guess I could be considered a beginner. I have completely let go of my 55 gallon fish tank due to the lack of interest, but my best friend has just gotten a gorgeous Betta and is doing a high tech planted tank and has influenced me to do a planted 20 gallon tank. The problem is that I know nothing about plants and I really need some motivation to drop some dough on sophisticated substrate and stuff. INSPIRE ME!!!

treadingwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can I be honest? If you need motivation, don't do it. This is something that you should enjoy and not only that, it should be good for the fish. It doesn't have to be sophisticated, you don't have to keep up with the Jonese doing this. Do what makes YOU happy. You've used words like "influenced, motivation and inspire." Those are red flags when it comes to doing something where some other beings life depends on your commitment to it. If this is something that you want to do and that you are willing to recommit to then by all means, go for it. Just make sure you can care for the fish and don't get another case of "lack of interest" again and make the fish suffer.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do agree with the above poster, hi tech tanks require a LOT of maintenance and work. If its not something you are already motivated I wouldn't jump in too deep.

What I would do however is get the tank and start slow with the plants and make sure you are really interested! There are many good plants to start with! Try that and go from there! To start a planted tank you really don't need a high tech system or anything.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom