Hobby Betta Breeding Coloration Question

mberger915

Looking to get some insight on how you guys think the fry from these two will turn out? The fry are about a week old and growing fast, I'm just anxious to see their coloration!!!
I'm just a hobby breeder and this is my third spawn I've done. Any thoughts on how the fry will color up would be greatly appreciated. I know it's all speculation since I don't know their genetics, but I figured I'd ask anyways!

IMG_7897 copy.jpg
IMG_7902.jpg

BigManAquatics

I bet some of them at least look like they were paintball targets!

Demeter

My guess is lots of cellophane based and some blues. If you are lucky you may get some interesting koi patterns. Blue is a dominant color so there likely won’t be any yellows but perhaps some reds as yellows can throw red IME.

As for fin types, it’s gonna be a mix of uneven lengths and shapes due to the female being what appears to be a VT. Long fins are a dominant trait so none are likely to be PK.

Would love an update once they mature, curious to see if my own betta breeding experiences are actually paying off in being able to guess color combos!

mberger915

My guess is lots of cellophane based and some blues. If you are lucky you may get some interesting koi patterns. Blue is a dominant color so there likely won’t be any yellows but perhaps some reds as yellows can throw red IME.

As for fin types, it’s gonna be a mix of uneven lengths and shapes due to the female being what appears to be a VT. Long fins are a dominant trait so none are likely to be PK.

Would love an update once they mature, curious to see if my own betta breeding experiences are actually paying off in being able to guess color combos!
I will definitely keep updating this post as they start to color up! I appreciate your response :)
I bet some of them at least look like they were paintball targets!
I hope so! Those are my favorites!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AlyssaLaine
  • Question
Replies
Views
Freedumbird
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas