Hob Not Starting After Water Change

West
Hi, it's me again. I have two Top Fin HOB filters. The work fine for me, other than one small problem. After I turn them off to do a water change, they will make this horrible sound and not suck up and water. In essence, they won't start. I have an old Betta cup, and to get them going I will fill the cup with tank water and pour it in the top. After that they will work fine, no problems whatsoever. I looked over the instructions and it didn't mention anything about it. Like I said, not a big deal, but I'm wondering what's going on?

Lollipop0912
Your HOB filters are kind of like a car. They need some water/(gas for a car) to start going. It’s perfectly normal. My HOB filter is the same way. Its weird that there’s no mention of that in the instructions. As for the mechanics aspect, I'm not exactly sure. I just know that that’s what my filter does too. I’m hoping someone with some more input as to the mechanics will chime in.

West
Your HOB filters are kind of like a car. They need some water/(gas for a car) to start going. It’s perfectly normal. My HOB filter is the same way. Its weird that there’s no mention of that in the instructions. As for the mechanics aspect, I'm not exactly sure. I just know that that’s what my filter does too. I’m hoping someone with some more input as to the mechanics will chime in.
That's sort of what I figured. Thanks!

Ms rose
some filters 'prime" (suck water to start) by themself, but most need to be "primed" befor they will start. I have one self and one manual prime hob. its normal

finnipper59
All Impellers have have water over them to move more water. They can't move air to suck up water.
That's sort of what I figured. Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AquaticQueen
Replies
Views
BradleyH2O
Replies
Views
Punkin
Replies