HOB for Angelfish

Mikel88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am looking to buy an Angelfish for my aquarium but i am wondering if my water flow is to high. A juvenile is what I want but I've heard an HOB filter will make them stressed. I have a Aquaclear 70 and it has a pre filter sponge. Any concerns? My aquarium is 37 gallons. Thanks

AquEric

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use HOBs on my angelfish tanks without problems 1 of my 55s has from silver dollar size to quarter size one of my other 55s has quarter size they all love it

OP
M

Mikel88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lebeeze said:
I have 2 angelfish in a 60 gallon with a HOB, sponge filter, canister filter and large air stone. They have 0 issues moving through the water and they go all throughout the tank. Had then since they were the size of a quarter and they are now 5 inches or so.
Ok cool. Thank you. Sometimes I see my smaller silver tip tetras get whipped around when they swim by the current. One of the websites that sell Angel's mentioned it's a common mistake to have hob filter when having nikel sized Angel's.

Lebeeze

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've never kept them that small, but maybe have a sponge prefilter on the intake of the HOB just to be safe the smaller fish dont get sucked in/stuck to it.

I recommend sponge prefilter anyways on HOB because they stop large wastes or food from clogging the media in the filter.

OP
M

Mikel88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lebeeze said:
I've never kept them that small, but maybe have a sponge prefilter on the intake of the HOB just to be safe the smaller fish dont get sucked in/stuck to it.

I recommend sponge prefilter anyways on HOB because they stop large wastes or food from clogging the media in the filter.
I have a pre-filter sponge on it. Appreciate your help :)

New Threads