Hob Filter Size On 90 Gallon

Which HOB is quite the AC110 OR Fluval C4

• Total voters

Mj Ali

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi,new forum member here. I just srarted another tank its an all glass 90 gallon. I am running a 125 gallon canister filter on it but i would like to add an additional HOB. So the problem is I tried hanging my old establish Aquaclear 70 hob on it,but it just won't fit. I was really hoping to get a Fluval c4 for it, but now I'm concerned that it won't fit (slide/hang) on the back either. Its not the space behind the aquarium that's the issue, but the steel frame. The AC gets stuck and doesn't slide down. Anyone have any suggestions , any experience with this issue? Maybe Aquaclear110 might fight, but I'd really like to go for the Fluval C4, because the waterfall from AC hob's can get pretty noisy. Please advise.

JesseMoreira06

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've always been a aquaclear fan, I've got a aquaclear 110 on my 55 gallon and a aquaclear 110 on my 75 gallon. Never dealt with any noise unless water is to low in aquarium, I also like the waterfall effect it helps agitate water surface thus creating more oxygen for the fish.

Mj Ali

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
JesseMoreira06 said:
I've always been a aquaclear fan, I've got a aquaclear 110 on my 55 gallon and a aquaclear 110 on my 75 gallon. Never dealt with any noise unless water is to low in aquarium, I also like the waterfall effect it helps agitate water surface thus creating more oxygen for the fish.
I agree with you about surface agitation, but I have enough surface agitation with my canister filter now, and the mechanical sponge/bubbler I have. So you think that the AC 110 will hang on a 90 gallon freely, without getting stuck on the steel frame?

JesseMoreira06

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
is it a standard 90 gallon? how think is your glass?

Mj Ali

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
JesseMoreira06 said:
is it a standard 90 gallon? how think is your glass?
It's a standard all glass 90 gallon with center brace, had the same problem with their 65 gallon as well, literally had to bend the inner steel frame (where the glass canopy sits) to use my AC 70.

You can't see the top in this photo but it has a brace in the middle and 2 frames for glass Canopies on each side.

This is where the AC70 is getting stuck

This is where the AC 70 gets stuck.

Attachments

hacksaw15

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have the the same tank. The only HOB I found that would fit was the Aquaclear 110. I have a Rena Filstar XP4 and the AC 110 on my 90 gallon goldfish tank.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have an AC110 and Emperor 400 on my 90 gallon along with a canister filter.

Mj Ali

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the response guys, I figured AC110 would be the only 1 large enough to fit. However I just decided to play it safe, and got another small canister filter for up to 75gallon lol, problem solved. Thanks for all the input.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads