HOB filter advice for 20 gal w/ ADF

Sarahboone811

Hey y’all, so I’m thinking of upgrading one of my 10 gallons to a 20 gallon long tank and moving the current fish in that tank into the bigger one, and maybe adding some new inhabitants to the tank. My problem is deciding what HOB filter to buy, I usually use aqueon quietflow filters for all my tanks because it’s what I’m used to, but I’ve got another 20 gal with an aqueon quietflow 30 on it and the flow is pretty strong, even if I fill the water as high as I comfortably can. For this new tank, it would have my African dwarf frogs in it, so I don’t want to have a really strong current in the tank for their sake, but I’d still like to have a good strong filter that’s rated a bit higher than is required for a 20 gallon. Anyone have any opinions on good filters that you think would work for me? Thanks for any help! :)

WRWAquarium

How about a sponge filter? Unsightly and I don't like the noise from an air pump but would be good for the gentle flow.

An internal or canister filter with a spray bar attachment could be a good alternative.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ADFbreeder
Replies
Views
CloudTheFluffy
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
  • Question
Replies