Hmpk Koi [spawn Log]

AbraCadaver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I came to the conclusion that it’ll be easier to do micro worms in the beginning, instead of using all my brine. Brine is hard for me to come by unless I spend an unnecessary amount for it online. Only 1 local store carries eggs and it’s a state over from me. So, I’ll use micro worms at first for next batch then switch to brine and with this batch of fry, I’ll just use them when brine aren’t plentiful

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
I came to the conclusion that it’ll be easier to do micro worms in the beginning, instead of using all my brine. Brine is hard for me to come by unless I spend an unnecessary amount for it online. Only 1 local store carries eggs and it’s a state over from me. So, I’ll use micro worms at first for next batch then switch to brine and with this batch of fry, I’ll just use them when brine aren’t plentiful
Be careful not to overfeed with microworms because I've heard from people that their fry had missing ventral fins because of some bacteria in the worms or something idk but it could have been caused by microworms. I didn't do any research on that because i fed them BBS from day 4 up till around day 30 (started to introduce dry foods at around 20 days and started feeding frozen at around 35 when they started to accept flakes)

AbraCadaver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Be careful not to overfeed with microworms because I've heard from people that their fry had missing ventral fins because of some bacteria in the worms or something idk but it could have been caused by microworms. I didn't do any research on that because i fed them BBS from day 4 up till around day 30 (started to introduce dry foods at around 20 days and started feeding frozen at around 35 when they started to accept flakes)
Mine are over 4 weeks and won’t even look at dry food, but like I said earlier most of them aren’t growing... it’s weird. Idk if it’s a genetic thing or what... that’s worth doing some research on though.
The girl I follow on YouTube (SimplyBetta) uses micro worms the first couple weeks. She actually uses like 4 different foods for different stages. Until I get my fish room upstairs all set up, I won’t be cultivating many cultures of live food lol. My children would have a hay day with it.
My son recently dumped coffee grounds in my 60 :/
Once that’s done ima buy a pair from simply Betta and breed them, and hopefully in a year or two have a few to enter in IBC competitions

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mine are over 4 weeks and won’t even look at dry food, but like I said earlier most of them aren’t growing... it’s weird. Idk if it’s a genetic thing or what... that’s worth doing some research on though.
The girl I follow on YouTube (SimplyBetta) uses micro worms the first couple weeks. She actually uses like 4 different foods for different stages. Until I get my fish room upstairs all set up, I won’t be cultivating many cultures of live food lol. My children would have a hay day with it.
My son recently dumped coffee grounds in my 60 :/
Once that’s done ima buy a pair from simply Betta and breed them, and hopefully in a year or two have a few to enter in IBC competitions
How often are you doing water changes? And to introduce dry foods i fed them their normal food and normal routine but added a tiny tiny amount of crushed flakes with every feeding. It took them over a week and it was so frustrating just seeing them spit out the flakes all the time but now they'll eat anything that can fit in their mouth

AbraCadaver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How often are you doing water changes? And to introduce dry foods i fed them their normal food and normal routine but added a tiny tiny amount of crushed flakes with every feeding. It took them over a week and it was so frustrating just seeing them spit out the flakes all the time but now they'll eat anything that can fit in their mouth
I do a 50 once a week and I use the air tubing to do cleanup once a week, and replace the water. The tank they’re in is fully cycled as well.
I’ve been adding flakes but they don’t even look at them, I just add a small bit to test the waters. And the smaller ones have some swim bladder issues still, so when I feed brine I have to put the medicine dropper near the bottom so it’s easier for them to eat them.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
I do a 50 once a week and I use the air tubing to do cleanup once a week, and replace the water. The tank they’re in is fully cycled as well.
I’ve been adding flakes but they don’t even look at them, I just add a small bit to test the waters. And the smaller ones have some swim bladder issues still, so when I feed brine I have to put the medicine dropper near the bottom so it’s easier for them to eat them.
I'm meant to do waterchanges 3 times a week and change about 25% but i never actually get around to doing all 3. Most of mine had swim bladder issues too but just try to feed a little less BBS and they'll all be fine after a few days

AbraCadaver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm meant to do waterchanges 3 times a week and change about 25% but i never actually get around to doing all 3. Most of mine had swim bladder issues too but just try to feed a little less BBS and they'll all be fine after a few days
They’re getting better than they were, some are swimming and such. I’ve read that feeding brine shrimp at first causes swim bladder issues. So I suspected it. The bigger ones seem fine now thouse, one kinda swims upright with its tail dragging though

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
They’re getting better than they were, some are swimming and such. I’ve read that feeding brine shrimp at first causes swim bladder issues. So I suspected it. The bigger ones seem fine now thouse, one kinda swims upright with its tail dragging though
The tail dragging fry has Swim Bladder Disorder whilst the ones that float have Swim Bladder Disease

Watch these 3 short videos, these are just 3 of my favourite fry so far. (i namrd them)
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/media/47-day-old-betta-fry.248798/
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/media/47-day-old-betta-fry.248797/
https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/media/47-day-oldbetta-fry.248796/

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
That fry changed colours again and i cant even tell which one he is now

Ok nevermind, he was just hiding
IMG_20190522_070745.jpg
IMG_20190522_070738.jpg

20190522_201436.jpg
20190522_201439.jpg
20190522_201458.jpg
20190522_201659.jpg

Joyceheatherington

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Look at the white fry in the bottom of the photo with the white face, so cute! View attachment 556834
View attachment 556831 View attachment 556832 View attachment 556833 View attachment 556835
View attachment 556836 View attachment 556837 View attachment 556838 View attachment 556839 View attachment 556840

View attachment 556843 I counted them and there's around 180, here's a photo (there were still like 50 of them in the aquarium so they don't shoe in the r photo) View attachment 556844
How old is this group of Betta's? So cute!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom