Hmpk Koi [spawn Log]

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
HMPK Koi Male x HMPK Koi Female Spawn Log.

I started conditiong my pair today. Here is a picture of the male:
IMG_20190320_185541.jpg

Here's the female:
Screenshot_20190324-072053.jpg

Conditiong started today on the 24th of March. I will introduce them into the breeding tank on the 31st of March and post an update of them.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
The female is eating bloodworms but I'm going to have to condition the male with high quality flakes again because he never eats bloodworms
I named the male Eclipse and the female Sunset. (names were suggested by Mary765)

To condition the pair i am feeding the female either bloodworms twice a day and flakes twice a day or bloodworms three times a day and flakes once. For the male I'm just giving him flakes but not overfeeding so i don't cause any swim bladder issues or bloating etc. because he doesn't eat bloodworms for some reason.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
ok both parents are stunning
can't wait to see the babies
LOVE the blue eyes on the female
Thanks!

Just a note:the females colours are brightwr and dont all show in the picture. She was a little stressed cause i moved her out of the tank for a picture

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of the female with her colours that are brighter now
IMG_20190325_180325.jpg
IMG_20190325_180340.jpg
IMG_20190325_180344.jpg

Eclipse has ate bloodworms for the first time!! I chose the smallest bloodworms and got his attention, then i hand fed him. He is still very picky with which bloodworms he ate but he ate them!!!

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair of bettas! good luck
Thanks! Im hoping to have some nice koi fry

Im actually trying to schedule everything so the fry hatch on the 1st of April but If the spawning isn't successful it won't work out as planned.

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Make sure you start you live culture asap so they have food ready when they are ready to eat

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Make sure you start you live culture asap so they have food ready when they are ready to eat
I have cultures of microworms already and BBS. I just need my infusoria culture to get going. I started it about 14 hours ago but it should have enough infusoria in it by 1st April

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
3 days left untill conditioning is over and i can introduce the female in a jar for 2 days. It feel like I've been waiting for ever!

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
The female and male both seem to be getting distracted by the space they have and tje male just swims and won't build a nest.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think this project has failed. The male tries to wrap the female but she is too big and she seems to throw him off. She doesn't seem impressed by the male and she keeps breaking his nest. I know the male is supposed to be bigger but I've tried it out anyway to see if it works out.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Omg omgomgomgomgomgogmavwkvmwpcjwoc.
After 24 hrs of them being in the breeding tank, i was about to remove them and get a new male/female. I haven't been able to watch them for the past 6 hours. I came home and couldn't see any eggs oe anything. I removed the female, lifted the styrofoam and still no eggs. I placed it in a bucket of water and i saw about 200 eggs!!!!! I tried to put them infront of the male with a pipette slowly. He picked up most of them but some are still in the bucket and at the bottom of his tank.

AbraCadaver

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It took mine... 3 days? Just started putting eggs in the nest today it’s awesome! Mine are under my main aquarium in the dark because my male is weird, and if he sees you he like... darts towards you flaring... very protective.so loads of privacy. I don’t think he’d have done anything without it, that may be the case with your male... one thing that helped me with seeing them was using the bottom of a styraphoam cup... leaving some of the edge on so it kinda dipped in the water... and it’s a smaller area to look under without having to move it too much.
I just did it my first time, this just worked easiest for me... and ya know, circumstances of having an angry daddy Betta who wanted privacy to dance with his woman, lol.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
The fry hatched on apriil fools, (1st April) and they're almost free swimming already. They should all be free swimming tomorrow and then I'll remove the male. Here's a photo of a few of them hanging g out
IMG_20190402_050710.jpg

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Update:
All fry are free swimming and i removed Eclipse (the male)
They don't really show on camera but there are about 300!!!

Here's a photo of just one area of the container
IMG_20190402_153915.jpg

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
An update on the fry. Absolutely no deaths at all!!! I fed them infusoria on day 1 (adter5they became free swimming) and they tried out BBS and they ate them. I am now feeding BBS 3 times a day and sometimes i will replace 1 feeding of BBS with microworms. All their stomach's are full and they are doing well! What i have noticed is that some have light bodies and are almost white and some are yellow and have dark eyes. The white ones seem to be weaker and the last spawn i had were all like the white ones. I won't be posting photos yet because my camera just doesn't pick them up

I've actually managed to take a photo. Look at the cute fry with their stomach's full of baby brine shrimp!
Screenshot_20190403-204904.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-204826.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom