Hmmmm..Co-ed tank

1. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I got hte 38 set up and going good 2 nights ago and then added the fry yesterday. So far everybody is getting along great and seem to be really loving the extra space. The 2nd batch of fry are growing much faster than the 1st batch did, so there isn't too much difference in their size. The younger fry are much too big for the older fry to eat, and there seems to be no aggression..yet. The spawns are a month apart in age. There are 15-20 older babies and 75+ younger. My question is this...Is this arrangement going to work until it is time to jar the older babies? Is there a general age when they need to be jarred or do I wait until they start acting like big boys before I jar them??

2. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I don't start jarring until I absolutely have to.....Usually starting at 6 weeks....I only pull them if they are being bad (like Bettas usually are) lol.......Seems like the 1st one I jar always ends up being my BEST of the bunch....

Post some close up ics if you can and I can see if they are even big enough to start thinking about pulling...