hmm. don't look like a dempsey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CHoffman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

So these are advertised on our craigslist. Don't they look more like jewels then dempsey's?? I could be VERY wrong though. Just thought I'd see what you all thought

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Nope, not JD's for sure. My best guess would be the elusive turquoise jewel cichlids.:)

I think they're calling for you to rescue them:;hug2

3. OP
    OP
    CHoffman

LOL..They would go fine with my other 100 jewels that I need to rehome..lol.. :;laughing.

4. bolivianbaby

They could play with the sugargliders:;laughing;D

5. jgon_

jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Is it just me, or does the add say they are Jewels and don't mention Dempseys. :;sh

6. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

No it wasn't just you John. No mention of JD's that I saw either.

Not Turquoise Jewels either assuming that BB means the blue coloured Jewels. We have them over here & the colours are very distinctly different. I'm fairly sure that the fish in the link are actually Lifalili Cichlids, (Hemichromis Lifalili) as opposed to common Jewels (Hemichromis Bimaculatus). The snout appears to be longer than ordinary Jewels even though they appear to have pretty poor colours.

7. bolivianbaby

Wow, that's weird. It says JD's for me.

Yes, I was referring to the blue coloured jewels. After googling the species you mentioned, I'm thinking you're right. Apparently, they're being kept in some pretty poor water conditions.

8. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Thats what it said earlier i think too BB

They must of changed it

CB

9. bolivianbaby

You guys are starting to make me question my sanity and my medications:p. It still says JD's when I open it.

10. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Now im confused :;voices

When i saw this thread earlier it said jack dempseys. Now its says Jewls.

I dont really know why its says jack dempsey for you

cB

11. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

It's titled Jeweled Cichlids (Cheney)

Then goes on to say: "I have a few Jeweled Cichlids that I need to find a home for".

At least that's what I've got coming up for me. Unless my my meds are out of date...... Or maybe I'm really as nuts as the missus says I am.....

12. bubblynutter

bubblynutter Well Known Member Member

I see what Nutter sees, if that is any consolation... ;D

13. bolivianbaby

Is this an early April Fool's Day joke? If it is, it's clever:)

Is there anyone out there (besides me) that is still seeing it read "Jack Dempsey's?"

14. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

Says Jewels when I click on it.

15. Amanda

Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I see jewels as well. :)

16. OP
    OP
    CHoffman

I emailed them and let them know they were jewels not JD's..lol..

They changed it. BB I think because we viewed it when it said JD's when you click the link it still says JD but while on that page click the refresh button and it changes to jewels. At least that what happened for me. Sorry guys. But I felt like I needed to inform them they had misidentified a fish. I agree. I think they are the Blood Red Jewels. Hemichromis Lifalili Just really faded. Or maybe since there so many of them in the tank those are the less dominate ones and not as colored. In my tank that's how some of the less dominate ones are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice