Hmm... Buy a Ferrari, or this guy? Platinum Arowana: $400,000

vampireshrimpfan
Which would you buy?

Mod edit: image removed for copyright issues

zorianak
Sounds like a good down payment on a house LOL.

probably the arowana to be honest... cheaper maintenance

vampireshrimpfan
true

smee82
Neither really but the id prefer the fish. I already married so the cars useless.

TWiG87
I would pay off my house

MacZ
Neither. Both are thrown out money and both have follow-up costs.

Amazoniantanklvr
I'd move to HawaiI with that money! However the fish does look cool.

zorianak
I'd move to HawaiI with that money! However the fish does look cool.

LOL my boss is using our WFH/quarantine time to quarantine himself in HawaiI at a friend's property... I think he's doing it right

juniperlea
Cheaper to move to their natural habitat and swim with and live around them!

Amazoniantanklvr
LOL my boss is using our WFH/quarantine time to quarantine himself in HawaiI at a friend's property... I think he's doing it right
I want his 'job'! lol

vin
Well, I can get a FerrarI for 1/3 of that price so I'm going Ferrari.

CrayfishAreAwesome
AROWNA!!!! they are awesome, and besides, what use is a FerrarI to a kid?

vin
Chick magnet??

CaptainAquatics
AROWNA!!!! they are awesome, and besides, what use is a FerrarI to a kid?

Popularity booster? I would take the fish though....

Cheesecake
First off, who would buy a $400,000 Ferrari? There are still new models for $250,000, or even lower if you buy used.

Neither would be good because both would cost you thousands every year for maintenance.
Personally I'd take a FerrarI if it came to a choice, because it's value would only go up if kept low in miles. What happens when the arowana dies? $400,000 down the drain.
And even then there are cars I'd rather have for far less than $400,000.

goldface
FerrarI no contest.

Rcslade124
Yup Ferrari. Love fish but 5-10years and done. FerrarI for 20 years plus

Cheesecake
Can you imagine the water changes on an arowana tank? Shudder.

GlennO
FerrarI I suppose. At least it isn't going to suddenly go belly up unless you stack it.

BlackOsprey
Invest the money when the market's done plummeting. Make more money. Buy both stupid-expensive fish and zoomy cars. Win at life.

Rcslade124
Thanks osprey for ruining our fantasy's for fast cars and big fish. SMH but really solid advice

Cheesecake
Thanks osprey for ruining our fantasy's for fast cars and big fish. SMH but really solid advice

It's honestly a smarter decision to invest it and get more money, thus having more to spend on said fantasies.

Rcslade124
Thus you invest and buy both.

goldface
Invest the money when the market's done plummeting. Make more money. Buy both stupid-expensive fish and zoomy cars. Win at life.
True--but think of the opportunity cost of taking that $800,000 off the market. You'd be missing out on its potential future value, in ten, twenty, or thirty years. Keep that money compounding, instead. A much better investment would be to buy a Corolla, zero down and zero percent financing for 72 months. And if you would spend $400,000 on a fish, then give me the money, cause you clearly don't need it. Win biggie!

BlackOsprey
True--but think of the opportunity cost of taking that $800,000 off the market. You'd be missing out on its potential future value, in ten, twenty, or thirty years. Keep that money compounding, instead. A much better investment would be to buy a Corolla, zero down and zero percent financing for 72 months. And if you would spend $400,000 on a fish, then give me the money, cause you clearly don't need it. Win biggie!
That sounds exactly like something my dad would say. And ye, I'd prefer to have $400,00 worth of lots of neat tanks full of plants n fish instead of one large, derpy arrowana.

vin
Buy now while in a bear market....I'd still take the FerrarI over the fish though.

RiverFisher87
I’m having a hard enough time to bring myself to spend 50$ on stocking my fish tank, like i worry about them dying, and I’m out 50$, I couldn’t even begin to understand the stress of keeping a 400 000$ fish!!

AquaJunkie
I’ve probably spent that in 40 years being in this hobby
“stay fishy “

flyinGourami
Neither. Don't have a license and i think pedestrians are grateful for that anyways. I don't want to spend 400,000 dollars on a beautiful fish just to have it jump out of my tank and die. Anyways, I'm gonna need that money later cuz I'm broke lol.

86 ssinit
Wonder what it tastes like? Would it be best boiled or fried?

MacZ
Wonder what it tastes like? Would it be best boiled or fried?

Grilled. On charcoal.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• qldmick
  • Ponds
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views