HIYA ALL! THIS SITE ROX.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by jinx_beta, Apr 9, 2006.

1. jinx_betaValued MemberMember

:) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D
    hi all,
    I'm a newbie! If any of you are Betta fanatics, say so

REPLY ASAP

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Hiya! Welcome to FishLore! Chickadee is our number one betta fanatic here! You 2 need to talk! ;)

3. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Thanks, Gunnie, I am indeed the worst betta spoiler around. My bettas are rotten spoiled and I am so proud of them I could burst. They are treated just like children and I mean that in a very good way. I also do not tolerate any abuse or misuse of bettas such as keeping them in the dreadful betta bowls or unheated, unfiltered tanks. Anyone in this forum for very long has gotten used to me and my rantings about the hows and whys of betta treatment. So I guess you could say, I am indeed a betta FANATIC! LOL

Nice to meet you. I hope to hear more from you. Welcome to Fishlore. We need all the Betta supporters we can get.

Rose
    :)

4. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!!
    You will enjoy this picture I took just for Chickadee ;)
    Carol

Attached Files:

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Some how when I took his pic it reflected in the water above him.
    Carol

6. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

welcome! I love bettas too and it makes me SOOO sad to see any one mistreates...and I see it a lot, even the veterinarian near me has a near-dead betta in a vase on the reception desk :'( Needless to say I don't go to THAT vet :mad: Especially not for my fish :D

7. jinx_betaValued MemberMember

Thanks,
    I have to admitt, when I saw Orion in the glass (which is just evil) looking out at me, I could swear, he looked sad. So, even though there was a nifty two tone betta (like the piccy)
    I chose Orion, he's a sapphire fish, with a tip of velvety red on his fins (talk about beautiful!) ::)

Kristyn

PS My aunt wanted to see the fish, so I showed her, and she used a hand mirror, to make him flare up! I hate that! It's unnessasary, making him stressed out like that!!! :mad:   

8. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful picture, you know how to start my day. And you know how much I love bettas. (as if anyone in this forum couldn't tell by now hopefully) ;) ;D I am so glad everyone here is concerned about them and their welfare.

As I said again thank you, Carol for the lovely start to my day.

Let us all hope your bettas have a good day with such lovely owners as you all are.

Rose
    :)

9. oscarNew MemberMember

I never understood why anyone will keep a betta in a small container. I see that alot of that in pet stores. They are being treated as if they were disposable. Bettas are really beautiful fish..and deserve a better home then a small container. i have a male betta in my 30 gal tank. and i really enjoy him swimming around with the other fish.

10. goldfishmomNew MemberMember

I'm thinking of getting a betta... leaning towards a male - since they can be so spectacular! Any suggestions?  I've seen a couple "emporer bettas" that have tremendous tails/fins... they were awesome!  I would be interested to hear who's got betta's already and any tips on tank size, tank mates etc. would be nice. Thanks.  :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice