Hitchhiker On Live Rock

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Cianball1, Jul 30, 2017.

1. C

Cianball1 New Member Member

Hi all
    I am just wondering does anybody know what this is on my live rock. It seems to be some sort of jelly fish but it is attached to the rock. Am I wondering if it is a pest and shluld be removed.

IMAG0409.jpg IMAG0405.jpg IMAG0406.jpg IMAG0407.jpg

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Ok, sorry, bit could you get a clearer pic or describe it in detail? The shape and behavior (of it is alive) would be very helpful in identifying. And when did you get the LR and when did you notice it?

Thanks! And sorry for the questions.

3. OP
    OP
    C

It is only new liverock. It is alive .when I used some apistia X on it it retracted and sent some stringy particles out (the last picture). There are more than one in the tank.

4. Reef13G YT

Reef13G YT Valued Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    C

I only added the live rock 4 days ago and I only found it 2 days ago. There is a couple of them

6. Reef13G YT

Reef13G YT Valued Member Member

hmmm. Live rock at stores can be commonly found to inhabit worm like creatures. If it was a jellyfish it would die because jellyfish need a circular current to survive. What I would do.

If they hurt your fish or grows in size remove it. It is probably helping your tank right now, but if it gets bigger get rid of it, that's what I would do

7. Jayd976

Jayd976 Well Known Member Member

I had similar on my live rock it's harmless and never really got any bigger. Never found out what it was but it never did anything either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice