Hillstream Loach Stomach Bleeding???

guppytank5678

Hi everyone, I ordered 3 Hillstream loaches online and one of them arrived with what looks like a bloody stomach, but I think the bleeding is likely internal. Pic attached - does anyone have any experience with this?? I'm really worried about him and doing all the googling I can, but this is my first time having Hillstream loaches so I'm hoping someone with firsthand experience might be able to help me out. All three fish seem to be acting normally, but they're still in the bag they shipped in so it's a little hard to tell. Thank you in advance!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8031.JPG
    IMG_8031.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 25

V1K

The bloody area seems limited to a fin, and does not extend to its actual stomach where the organs are, so I think it should get well. Make sure to keep water quality top notch to aid healing.
I once had a loach with a bloody patch that was in its body, not a fin, which is much more serious. It got well, but only lived a few months after that, I guess there was some permanent damage. Your case looks much easier.

Upvote 0

guppytank5678

The bloody area seems limited to a fin, and does not extend to its actual stomach where the organs are, so I think it should get well. Make sure to keep water quality top notch to aid healing.
I once had a loach with a bloody patch that was in its body, not a fin, which is much more serious. It got well, but only lived a few months after that, I guess there was some permanent damage. Your case looks much easier.
Thank you for your quick response! After some initial panic, I am thinking that it is most likely that he just got a little banged up in transit. He seems ok other than that one spot, so I'm planning on frequent water changes and just keeping a close eye on him for now.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mrsP
Replies
Views
Deku-Cory
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23