Hillstream loach fry - yipee !

Discussion in 'Loaches' started by sarah452, Apr 7, 2010.

1. s

sarah452 New Member Member

:;banaman

After having my two HSL's for about three years, I have got fry !!! I have only seen one which is about 1 1/2cm, but am hopeful for more.

I am a little gutted though, did a huge spring clean of the tank at the weekend, and removed a load of gravel as it was too deep, but I am a bit worried that I have killed a few or sucked them away :;darth

How cool, have never had babies in my coldwater tanks, and I have had them forever and a day !!!

2. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

That's exciting! You'll have to post pics when the little guy is big enough.

welcome to fl. :)

3. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

Very nice indeed I have 6 I have had them about 5 months. They are really cool. Congrats and many more.:;banaman

4. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Wow!! Way to go. Thats exciting and hope they continue spawning for you.

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    That's very exciting indeed!! What kind do you have? Could we have pics of the parents as well as the fry please :)
    tell us all about the tank their in too.
    Carol

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's a birth announcement we don't hear every day:p. Congratulations! That's awesome! I agree, pics would be fabulous.

7. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations. That's not an easy feat. Hillstreams are one of the rarer fish to get to breathe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice