Hikari Betta Bio Gold - Good Or Not?

Wystearya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Of course I expect to get differing opinions here, but that is what I am looking for. I'm hoping to find out what people think about this food.

I currently feed my Betta a variety of foods, including Omega One Betta Buffet pellets, frozen bloodworms, and frozen spirulina brine shrimp.

For a little while I also included the Hikari Betta Bio Gold pellets. But then I read these could cause bloat and I stopped feeding them. However, I saw a thread today where a few people mentioned the Hikari Gold as being a good food. So, yeah, now I don't know what to think.

What is your opinion? Would you put this into a feeding rotation for your Betta?
Why or why not?

Thanks!

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Haha that's funny you mention this thread now. I use hikari bio gold for my betta and today noticed he is bloated. Not sure if I am over feeding him, but he seems to love the food

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use it but only a few times a week. My Betta loves it but he likes his Bug Bites even more. The main benefit of the Hikari is supposed to be retaining or enhancing coloration.

Wystearya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you for the replies!

I appreciate it, it's good to know that it's not necessarily a problem food. I think I will add it back into my rotation.

Aquafina

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello, I use it right now. I like it because, unlike the first pellets I bought, these are a small size that my betta has no problem with eating. The pellets are almost done and I'm going to try NutraFin Max next to see if I like that one better, but I've had no issues with Betta Bio Gold and will buy it again if my betta will be picky with the new food.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom