Hikari’s New Vibra Bites Sample

1. scarface

scarface Fishlore VIP Member

Bloodworm dry food imitation. It seems interesting, although I think the natural movement as it falls thing is just marketing. Here’s a link to get your free sample, but first you’ll have to fill out a form, print it out, and mail it. Try Vibra Bites! I do find it odd that they would want you to mail a UPC of a non-Hikari food product.

2. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Looks intriguing, I might give it a try

3. DanPlanted

DanPlanted Valued Member Member

Anybody try these yet? They're popping up everywhere. Sadly i have way too much food right now so i don't want to try these out yet .

4. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

My fish LOVE THEM! At first they didn’t want to try it but now my Geos go after it and push all of the other fish away1

5. OP
    OP
    scarface

No, I haven’t tried them yet. Procrastination left me with no sample packet, and I haven’t even seen them being sold anywhere. I’ll make sure to look for them the next time I’m at a fish or pet store.

6. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

I have a few years worth of food but I'm willing to give it a try :)

7. AJ34

AJ34 Valued Member Member

I know why they ask for another UPC ....they want to see what people are buying/using so they can compete, hence the questions they ask

8. BarristanTheBold

BarristanTheBold New Member Member

I have just recently got some Hikari Goldfish Excel sinking baby pellets -- excellent stuff! Big fan of Hikari. However it's expensive and I believe in variety anyway, so it's really more of a every-couple-days type of feed for me. But high quality stuff, will probably try some more Hikari varieties.

9. DarkOne

I've been using Hikari since the late 80's.

Check Dr Fosters & Smith for sales on Hikari foods. They seem to have sales every month or two. I've thrown in a few extra packets of Hikari foods when placing orders and I think I have enough to last a few years now. I use Micro Wafers and Sinking Pellets regularly as well as their algae wafers.

10. BarristanTheBold

BarristanTheBold New Member Member

Thanks very much, will do. I use (fairly inexpensive) algae wafers too -- my goldfish seem to like them, plus it takes awhile for them to eat so it keeps them interested and of course good nutrition/varied nutrition. About 2 weeks ago I added a dwarf rubberlip pleco ... and while they're supposed to go nuts for the algae wafers, he seems to either eat algae off the glass, or hide... hasn't gone for them wafers yet!

Anyway I will very much check out that site, thanks!

11. DarkOne

My plecos (BN, L128, L201, L007) seem to like Micro Wafers and Sinking Wafers better than the Algae Wafers. I also have API Bottom Feeders (shrimp pellets) and Bug Bites Pleco Formula that they like too. They get zucchini and algae in the tank for veggies.

12. DarkOne

I got the sample pack of Vibra Bites. I haven't fed them to my fish yet but it's a small sample package shipped in a regular envelope.

13. OP
    OP
    scarface

How long did it take for them to ship it out to you? How’s the food? Is it just a hard pellet shaped like a bloodworm?

14. DarkOne

It was pretty quick. About a week from when I mailed the form. I haven't opened the packet so I don't know what the food is like. There's pics of it that look like short noodles.