Highschool

1. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

Anyone here scared of highschool I have to go on Monday and I have to climb a lot of stairs for just one class!

2. S

SKYE.__.HIGH Valued Member Member

You start in AUGUST!!!

We start two weeks into September. Luckily there is no stairs in my school.

3. OP
    OP
    fish time

Yes it's crazy I live in georgia by the way

4. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

I start on Monday as well I'm a little bit we have a freshmen only day so I'm not as nervous, are you gonna do any sports? I'm trying out for football.

5. OP
    OP
    fish time

No not really not interested

6. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Oh okay :p fish keeping is your hobby ;)

7. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

I think a lot of us would have to admit we were.

8. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

I know I was really nervous but it went away after I got to my first class. Good luck and have a great first day.

9. kabellem

kabellem Valued Member Member

I was terrified way back then - we had stairs too, and the freshman lockers were way on the other side. I got used to it quickly. Also, my son starts in September and I can tell he is nervous too, even though he doesn't try to let on that he is.

10. OP
    OP
    fish time

I hate using lockers mostly

11. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I don't remember being scared at all, more like excited.
    Of course I graduated in 1983 so I'm older that dirt.

12. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Maybe you need to climb more stairs if climbing stairs is your biggest fear when it comes to high school. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

High school was the most fun time of my life! You'll get used to the stairs; just be yourself and get involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. And don't be scared! Embrace this time and make the most of it. :) Good luck!

14. Briggs

Briggs Well Known Member Member

Climbing stairs is good for you! Just make sure you have enough time between classes to do what you need to and get where you're going. If you struggle to do so in the first few days, find a guidance counselor and see if they'll let you change up your schedule to reduce how many cross campus treks you have to make in 3-5 minutes.

My favorite bit of time honored high school advice is try to take a Public Speaking or Debate class ASAP. Getting used to talking in front of groups is one of the best skills you can have in your tool box, and will make so many things in school (and life!) easier. My first period my freshman year was Competitive Public Speaking. It was a terrifying class full of upperclassmen and it kicked my butt, but it was by far the most useful class I ever took in public school. On top of getting me over my fear of public speaking it taught me how to structure an argument, how to actively listen to people so that my brain actually stores the information they're sharing, and how to fake my way through essay questions (without being obvious about it).

Also, since you obviously have a interest in aquariums, try to befriend your biology teacher (or department, depending on how big your school is). Some of them have aquariums in their classrooms, and if you prove you know what you're doing, they might let you help and play around with them!

15. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I liked High School it was good. There will be cliche. Just be yourself and have fun. Don't do anything stupid, study hard and wash your hands after you go to the restroom.

16. N

Natalya Well Known Member Member

I have a story about stairs in school. When I was 14, we got a new principal, and he, for some reason, decided that our lockers should be in the basement. The stair that led there completely terrified me. The steps were not horizontal, but slightly sloping, and made of highly polished stones with round edges! I had constant nightmares about those stairs. Everybody else would run down them without even thinking, and I would go as careful as I could, and still every now and then I would slip and kind of slide down the whole stair on my butt. That was terrible. Now I am aghast at how unsafe it was and that I could kill myself, but then I was mostly concerned about everybody laughing at me

17. Z

Z123Killer Well Known Member Member

I started 10th grade today! Couldn't find my bus on the way back, went on another bus, and had to walk 2 miles to get back home o_O

18. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I actually met my girlfriend of 10 years in high school long ago (still together), high School for me was one of the highlights of my life , met people , had great friends , met my girlfriend. I had little to much fun... did things I shouldn't have but quickly got away from it all, just don't get pressured into doing anything you don't feel is right, be yourself and enjoy the time. I remember being in high school wanting to leave, get a job and make money now many many years later , I wish I was still in high school where life was much easier, nothing to worry about just hang out, chill and do homework, no bills , no house ect... I'll be completely honest I almost failed and didn't graduate high school , I took it more as a joke then anything else , I never did homework, I tried being the class clown ect.. it didn't get me anywhere.

Have fun , do your homework , listen and enjoy it while it last and most importantly HAVE FUN because before you know it's over and you'll be telling yourself woow I wish I could go back in time.

19. 13fishy wishes

13fishy wishes Valued Member Member

Only adults think that stairs are good for you !

20. Briggs

Briggs Well Known Member Member

You have clearly not spent much time around hyperactive 4 year olds recently. :p