Highly active GBR?

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it abnormal for gernan blue rams to be fairly active? I keep reading about how other people's rams aren't very lively and mine is swimming all over the place. ..

I don't know if it's because she's in the tank with albino cories (which zoom around most of the time) or if there's something wrong with her?

Tank parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. Temp is 80f, ph is 8 (she was drip acclimated for over an hour). I got her on Saturday afternoon so she's new.

She's eating very well and is coloring up nicely. She's just really active, swimming around and surfing. Any ideas? Tyia.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It may just be individual personality. Like dogs, even among some of the low energy breeds there are the hyperactive ones...

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That's what I'm hoping, she's not showing any obvious signs of stress or illness she's just everywhere, lol.

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
She mostly swims back and forth along the back wall at the bottom, and surfs up and down when she reaches the sides. It's not nearly as zoom like as the cories, just pretty enthusiastic.

thefishdude277

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She mostly swims back and forth along the back wall at the bottom, and surfs up and down when she reaches the sides. It's not nearly as zoom like as the cories, just pretty enthusiastic.
That's a healthy ram then!
Is his colors vibrant?

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Getting there, it colored up quite a bit after the first day, I've only had it for 2 1/2 days so i expect it'll get more color after it's settled in more. Glad to hear it's probably fine, I just wanted to make sure since I've never had rams before.

Attachments

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My GBR is active all day long I think its a good sign and shows he's already feeling comfortable.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom