Highly active GBR?

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by Bijou88, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Is it abnormal for gernan blue rams to be fairly active? I keep reading about how other people's rams aren't very lively and mine is swimming all over the place. ..

I don't know if it's because she's in the tank with albino cories (which zoom around most of the time) or if there's something wrong with her?

Tank parameters are ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. Temp is 80f, ph is 8 (she was drip acclimated for over an hour). I got her on Saturday afternoon so she's new.

She's eating very well and is coloring up nicely. She's just really active, swimming around and surfing. Any ideas? Tyia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

It may just be individual personality. Like dogs, even among some of the low energy breeds there are the hyperactive ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Gena

Gena Well Known Member Member

That's normal for mine.

4. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

That's what I'm hoping, she's not showing any obvious signs of stress or illness she's just everywhere, lol.

5. thefishdude277

thefishdude277 Well Known Member Member

I think it's normal
    As long as it doesn't act like zebra danios who zoom everywhere and use every inch of the tank, it's fine

:)

6. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

She mostly swims back and forth along the back wall at the bottom, and surfs up and down when she reaches the sides. It's not nearly as zoom like as the cories, just pretty enthusiastic.

7. thefishdude277

thefishdude277 Well Known Member Member

That's a healthy ram then! :)
    Is his colors vibrant?

:)

8. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

Getting there, it colored up quite a bit after the first day, I've only had it for 2 1/2 days so i expect it'll get more color after it's settled in more. Glad to hear it's probably fine, I just wanted to make sure since I've never had rams before.

Attached Files:

9. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

My GBR is active all day long :) I think its a good sign and shows he's already feeling comfortable.

10. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

Good to hear! Thanks everyone! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice