High Quality Flakes?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by MattS99, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Flakes have always been my staple food, supplemented with brine shrimp, bloodworms, and occasional peas. I need to get flakes tomorrow, running out. I'm looking to try something new, you guys have any suggestions? Something I can find at either Petco or PetSmart? I'd prefer flakes. Right now I have a mix of:
    Colombian tetras
    Glowlight tetras
    Guppies
    A platy
    A GBR

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

Heard some good things about Omega One fish flakes (   ), since it doesn't have all those fillers and colours like other ones. Look for fish flakes where the first or second ingredient on the list is not 'fish meal'.

3. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

definitely omega one. I give the omega one flakes to my gourami/platy/barb etc community tank. You can really smell the real ingredients when you open it up. That and it really brings out the fishes colors. one of the pellets I give my cichlids is omega one as well and same thing with the colors. really good stuff

4. OP
    OP
    MattS99

I'll probably go with them, I've seen them around here before.

5. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Not sure if Petco or Petsmart carries it but I like New Life Spectrum Optimum All Purpose flake.

6. OP
    OP
    MattS99

Never seen any New Life Spectrum products around here, but I'll look. Mainly Hikari, Omega One, Tetra, and that National Geographic stuff.

7. Mike1995

omega one is probably the best of the ones you listed. A lot of the time I only see new life spectrum stuff in certain stores for some reason.

8. OP
    OP
    MattS99

Went out to a new Petco today, I got:
    Omega One flakes
    Omega One slow sinking pellets
    Omega One freeze-dried bloodworms
    Everyone ate and looks pretty happy with their new food.

9. Mike1995

Just wait, you'll see your fishes colors start to come out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice