High PH, low GH

Tscott667

So I've added CC to up my KH, GH and PH. My GH is at 5 and my KH is at 6 and my PH is at 7.8 I have Rabbit snails, Nerite snails and cherry shrimp. I was upping my PH, GH and KH for the snails and shrimp. Is there an easy way to up my GH instead of seachem equilbrium? I thought the CC was suppose to up the GH maybe I was mistaken.

For other insights, I have Neon Tetras, and peral gouramis.

OP
T

Tscott667

richiep said:
This is another way
So I was wrong on the CC uping my hardness? I was trying to save time and mostly money (I'm frugal) in not having to buy PH up or the equilibrium. I guess I did save money in not having to buy PH up. Is 5 GH good enough for the shrimp and snails? It seems to be right at the bottom of their parameters.

Zach72202

You can add wondershells to up the gH, they are very cheap like <10$ for all sizes I believe. If it is a small tank I just cut them in half. I would add either small piece every water change (Like nickel/quarter sized pieces) or you can a larger piece every few water changes.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Small tanks are always harder to maintain parameters but because you are using ro water you have complet control, the ideal tank is 10g.
I have a 5g and keep it stable by just using salty bee gh+ first photo when I started it and the second is now

Attachments

Zach72202

Yes cuttlebone is good for adding gH, but it is a slow dissolver. It is more of a long term additive, on the contrary wondershells dissolve quickly. I have a gH and a kH of 6 and the only tank I add them to is my snail tank as they are puffer food and I want the shells extra crunchy to keep teeth down.

OP
T

Tscott667

Zach72202 said:
Yes cuttlebone is good for adding gH, but it is a slow dissolver. It is more of a long term additive, on the contrary wondershells dissolve quickly. I have a gH and a kH of 6 and the only tank I add them to is my snail tank as they are puffer food and I want the shells extra crunchy to keep teeth down.
Thanks man! It seems like, the cuttlebone just isnt fast enough. By the time I do a waterchange it doesn't matter about the cuttlebone.

New Threads