High in calcium and alkalinity

Doantrong877

Hello everyone, my tank's calcium right now is about 520- 560pp., my alkalinity is at about 13 dkh. I already did a water change and it's doesn't seem to be changing at all. Im currently use reef crystal for the salt for my tank. Does anyone have any suggestions?

jtjgg

what's the calcium and alkalinity in your source water?

Upvote 0

PNWAquatics

Do you use RO water? Test your freshly mixed saltwater. Reef crystals is designed for higher alk and calcium I believe. If you’re mixing it with tap water instead of RO, that could be the problem.

Upvote 0

AquaPhilNJ

Stop dosing and allow the aquarium to naturally decrease to appropriate levels. I've done this and had this issue before. Plus heard this advice from a trusted online aquarium blogger guess you call them I think it was melevsreef,

I think auto doser on rare occasions over dosed : / the high dkh is most dangerous. High cal or mag no coral damage. In my experience. For me the high CAl or MAG will linger for long time but dkh for me goes down within one week max, but I know it all depends on your tank : /

For fun if you wish can see my mistakes here: near May 5th.
My Aquarium's Parameters

Upvote 0

Tallen78

Hello everyone, my tank's calcium right now is about 520- 560pp., my alkalinity is at about 13 dkh. I already did a water change and it's doesn't seem to be changing at all. Im currently use reef crystal for the salt for my tank. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are you dosing the tank? are you using RO?

Upvote 0

Coradee

Thread is 6 months old & Op hasn’t as yet returned so closing this, it can be reopened if the Op wants.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
matsungit
  • Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views