High fin golden rosy barb

lycan143

hi
I just went to my LFS and I saw some high fin golden rosy barbs, I would like to have them in my tank, I have molly's, neons, guppies, cory's, platy, swords and a algae eater and a 100 gallon tank.

Would they be okay in this tank and how many should I get?
Are they very aggresive fish?

Angel eyes

I think you need to update your aquarium info before we can answer..as it say you don't no about the nitrogen cycle..this you need to read about as adding fish in a tank set up last week (as stated) will only result in more of your fish dieing....as you will loose fish soon wail it cycles...the algae eater? what type if a pleco it will not make it throu a cycle. neon's too will die during a tank cycle as with cory's..the rest might make it but its a gamble and will only live through it if you do the W/C's needed to keep the water safe while it cycles..

wish I had better news for you but fish are just like any other pet..they have needs that have to be met to live and thrive.

lycan143

I think you need to update your aquarium info before we can answer..as it say you don't no about the nitrogen cycle..this you need to read about as adding fish in a tank set up last week (as stated) will only result in more of your fish dieing....as you will loose fish soon wail it cycles...the algae eater? what type if a pleco it will not make it throu a cycle. neon's too will die during a tank cycle as with cory's..the rest might make it but its a gamble and will only live through it if you do the W/C's needed to keep the water safe while it cycles..

wish I had better news for you but fish are just like any other pet..they have needs that have to be met to live and thrive.

I just updated my profile after posting that thread, so look at my profile and then I'm sure a accurate answer can then be given

Angel eyes

the only real concern would be temp. as they like cooler water 64-72 deg. not sure your other fish would like that temp you do have room for more fish but this might not be the fish for your tank....

lycan143

thanx a lot I really love these fish and the LFS have the same temp as us but Ill look into it thank you

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom