Hiding hoses

normD

Reaction score
29 gal Freshwater Tank, looking to but a bubble wand but i dont like seeing air hoses drapped in the tank. Any suggestions on hiding them?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That exactly and if you want you could get some live plants, that like a current, put the plants surrounding the hose.
Tom

normD

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Hazcop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just ran the hose down the back, suction cupped it a few times and put a plant in front of it. You can't see it unless you look through the side of the tank. I also used a flexable airstone and buried it right below the surface of the gravel. Makes a nice cascade effect.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Later on, you may also want to try creating a moss wall, or landscaping your back wall in such a way that it hides the hoses and plug wires:

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks gunnie for those great links!   One of my pet peeves.  All those hoses, filters, heaters that show at the back of my tank.  I think I could really enjoy a remake to dress things up a bit.  Do you have any idea if "cork bark" and a local cottonwood would be similar?  The bark looks the same. I suppose boiling it to remove the tannon would always be advisable.  I also love the moss wall idea.  What moss would you suggest?  Should help with nitrate.   

From the Frozen North!  -5F last night.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom