Hiding Heater In Fluval Spec V Tank

madelyn anne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello!

So I recently purchased the Fluval Spec V for my Betta. The filter is hidden, which I really like. The small heater which I had for him wasn't doing a great job, so I got a new heater for him; the Aqueon 50 W submersible adjustable heater.

While researching information about the output flow, I saw that quite a few owners of this tank were also hiding their heaters in the back, next to the air pump shaft/thing. My heater fits there well, however it does touch the rubbery material that the shaft is made out of.

Is that a concern? Is it okay that the heater is touching that? I mean, I know it can't set on fire cause it's underwater (lol) but should I worry about anything else going on?

Thanks!

xx

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know what you're talking about, and I don't think it will be a problem. Maybe it will if it malfunctions and overheats.

TobyZ28

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
madelyn anne said:
Hello!

So I recently purchased the Fluval Spec V for my Betta. The filter is hidden, which I really like. The small heater which I had for him wasn't doing a great job, so I got a new heater for him; the Aqueon 50 W submersible adjustable heater.

While researching information about the output flow, I saw that quite a few owners of this tank were also hiding their heaters in the back, next to the air pump shaft/thing. My heater fits there well, however it does touch the rubbery material that the shaft is made out of.

Is that a concern? Is it okay that the heater is touching that? I mean, I know it can't set on fire cause it's underwater (lol) but should I worry about anything else going on?

Thanks!

xx
Hi Madelyn, I have a Spec V as well and have an Eheim poking out about a bit past the waterline on the Eheim - everything's been working great for months . I also drilled a couple of holes in the tube that goes up to circulate water in there a bit better. I don't think it's totally necessary but help! Yes, it does touch the plastic tube in there, and its 100% fine.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am so glad you brought this up. I too was wondering the same about the plastic touching the heater.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom