hiding equipment and heaters

justaplayr

Reaction score
I was looking online the other day and saw a decoration that would hide those awful looking pipes for the filters, but I can't remember where I saw them at. It was pretty neat. I think it suctioned to the back of the aquarium and had a cutout for the pipes. Has anyone seen these? If so, where could I find them? Or does anyone have any better ideas for hiding those pipes and maybe hiding the heater? I was told by someone at a petshop that you couldn't have anything around, or touching the heater because it would either not heat the aquarium right, or it could damage the heater. Is this true?

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If the heater is by itself then YES covering it would be bad...

I use the Marine Land heaters and place them right next to the pick up tube for my Hang On Back filter. If your is set up this way then I believe you should be able to semi cover these items and achieve the effect you desire.

Note I said SEMI cover... You can cover them from your view but there still has to be free flowing water around the object in order to maintain good filtration and heating. Kind of a balancing act but I think it can be done with a little thought and common sense.

justaplayr

Reaction score
Ok, I found what I was looking for! It's at PetsMart. I'm going to post the link just in case anyone else is interested. It's a driftwood decoration that goes over you Whisper filter and heater. It has a hookup for a bubble stone and another connection at the bottom to hook up your hoses. They only have them to fit 10 or 20 gallon tanks. I wish they made them to fit my 55 gallon, but oh well!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom