Hi all! i’m new to this community so i’m not even sure i’m making this post correctly, but i’m in need of help. about 6 weeks ago i got a new fish tank. it’s an 8 gallon tank. it has 3 moderately sized plants a rock with some holes in it and a floating plant. i let it cycle and about 3 weeks ago i started adding in fish. i added 1 blue dwarf gourami, 3 platys, 1 silvertip tetra, 1 guppy and i have 2 oto catfish (the catfish get no larger than 1 inch) for the first couple days i noticed that my blue dwarf gourami was glass surfing but after a week (4 weeks of having the tank) i did a15 percent water change, he stopped. I BARELY SEE HIM NOW. 20 percent of the time he hangs out in the front of the tank under the floating plant, but the other 80 percent of the time all he does is hide. almost always in the back of the tank behind plants. he comes out to eat and he doesn’t look sick or anything. fast forward 2 weeks and i did another 10 percent water change about 4 days ago and tested the water. my ammonia and nitrite levels were a little high, but i’ve fixed that problem. why is he hiding? is it something i’m doing wrong or is he just a shy gourami?