Hidden in the corner.

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys

This afternoon my pregnant Guppy (her first time pregnancy)was doing fine and I saw her eating a fry and after 20 minutos I was checking again on her and she is hidden at the corner and she has a black poop but it doesn't get out from her Anus .. I'm observing for more than 2 hours and it still there and it's weird because sometimes it go back inside and out but don't release it. It's normal or is something that can i do to help her ?
Any help will be appreciate...
a4263562aa27bc9661e4454886ad3a05.jpg

8cd64c632870d63b604fac3c04b2fbc9.jpg

Last edited:

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
She is in the corner to keep safe and she is stressed. The only thing is that might be a poop or fry. A guppy can give birth for a duration of days. Hopefully its not a complication since guppies can die when they have complications. Good luck!

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well....! I just put some food to feed the others and suddenly she got crazy and start to eat..and very active.... I don't understand!! I thought she was sick!! I'm so glad now !!!

Last edited:

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I hope she doesn't forget shes pregnant , there really isn't anything you can do however do you have any other fish in there? Usually, you want to separate. Do you have plants in the tank or is this an open tank?

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I hope she doesn't forget shes pregnant , there really isn't anything you can do however do you have any other fish in there? Usually, you want to separate. Do you have plants in the tank or is this an open tank?
Yes .. I have just guppies on my 29 gallon tank. I used to have a 10 gallon with 1 male and 4 females.
(2 of the females born on the 10 gallon from previous guppies (photo above)one of those is the pregnant)

And the 2 females(Which I bought) got pregnant and had a lot of fries

then i decided to upgrade to a 29 gallon 3 weeks ago and released the fries that already been bigger...
Now I have at least 15 small guppies and 5 adults.
I have 2 large Amazon Sword..image

Last edited by a moderator:

Rpayne36

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Your guppy might have calmallanus worms that's what looks like is sticking out of your guppy. Mine had those and as you said they come out a little then go back in. I don't know how to post the link on here to the thread but you might want to check it out.

Last edited:

edgardcafe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Your guppy might have calmallanus worms that's what looks like is sticking out of your guppy. Mine had those and as you said they come out a little then go back in. I don't know how to post the link on here to the thread but you might want to check it out.
Wow...thanks to let me know... but I don't think she has calmallanus because yesterday she ate a frie and her poop is black and today she looks fine and health also she eats like crazy ! Anyway what did you do to prevent it ?

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom