Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by papa smurf, Jan 8, 2013.

1. papa smurfNew MemberMember

Hi
    I have not had any tanks in 10 years. I thought I should get back in to them. I have a 55 gal. Long, that pretty much is an underwater jungle. I have been grower plants for over 3 months with 2 happy fish a red tailed shark and a plecostomus. I hope to use fish lore for all the questions that will come up in the future. Thank you.

2. LucyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!!

3. NikitaWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!

I would love to see a picture of your tank! I love your stock choice, I've done something like it before. I had 3 Red Tails in a 55 (Heavily Planted) and it was very interesting. I know Red Tails aren't supposed to be together, but it somehow worked. I hope everythign works out for you.

4. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Hello :;hi1!

And, yes, we love pictures on this forum and look forward to seeing yours.

5. kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

Welcome to FishLore, glad to have you here! :;toast

We don't just like pictures, they're an unwritten requirement ;)

6. AmazonPassionModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore...I want to see your underwater jungle...any pictures?

7. Disc61Well Known MemberMember

Hi there, Welcome to Fishlore:;hi2

8. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to the forums O0

9. papa smurfNew MemberMember

Wow I just spent the last 4 days scanning this form. First of all what I thought was an underwater jungle is not even close to what I have been growing. I just have a well planted tank. I really love the info you have here, I never knew about cycling tanks. But no one talks about what if I don’t go through all the work of cycling. Am I playing with a chemical time bomb that could go off at any time and everything collapses? Have just been lucky these past 3 months? After everything I read I feel I should scrap everything and start over. I know I could come back with a great tank (probably a dirty), But I like where I am at. Also the store I get my crickets for my lizards talked me in to adopting 4 red wag platys I think one is ready to burst. Let’s see where this takes me. I might take pictures if I don’t tear it down.

10. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

If you have been running your tank for 3 months with fish in it and they are happy and healthy, chances are your tank has cycled already so you don't have to worry. I had the same feeling when I first started reading on here. I just came back to keeping fish after over 20 years away and couldn't believe how much things had changed. If you haven't already done so, pick up a liquid test kit like the API Master Test Kit to check your water parameters. I got mine for $20 at my lfs. The liquid kits are much more accurate than the strips are and it's nice to have to narrow down the cause if you have a problem.

11. AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Take Pictures.... pictures are the best... tearing something down you already like would be silly

12. fishlover123456New MemberMember

glad to have you with us

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice