Hi There!

saulPAB

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Tom, and i might be a fishaholic! No but really.. I just started a 20 gallon freshwater aquarium this weekend, and i've used this site for all my information and research. I love it! Everyone on the forums seems helpful and full of usefull info - you guys are cool! I've never had an aquarium, but i've always loved fish.. if i was ever in a petstore or walmart/target i'd usually end up looking at the fish aquariums because i enjoy watching them so much.

Anyway I live in Florida with my girlfriend (she likes fishies too), i'm 24, and will be moving in 6 months when my lease is up.

Figured i'd stop by and introduce myself before i post any questions in the beginners forum!

-tom

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! I'm glad you like it here. It is a great site, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as everyone else here. There are people of all ages here and form all over the world. Everyone is so helpful and you will learn a lot like I did. Everyone here helped me loads when I first started and I'm sure they will all help you too.

You'll love it here.

Gwenz

saulPAB

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome Gwenz!

soon as i get a chance today i'll post my newbie questions in the beginners forum. probably during my lunch break ;P

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome from a REAL fishaholic. Be careful, its contagious. I infected my current roommate, and we now have three tanks in a dorm room. With the possibility of one more to come. Oh, and welcome from my fish, too. Ace says he'll jump out of his tank and flop all over my computer if I don't tell you that. So welcome from the betta boys, Tua, Deisy, the tetras, Amaethon, the guppy girls, and Chaos the Loach.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore! I am glad that you love fish too.

BlackGhost

Reaction score
Although I am new myself.... welcome....

Marco

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore, Mr. Fishaholic! LOL ;D That's a pretty good description of the addiction to the hobby

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom, and welcome! I wish I didn't have any other responsibilities than looking up all the questions I have, and watching my fish...and dreaming up which new fish I want to get and the next tank...I just LOVE this hobby! I guess I'm a fishaholic too!
Everyone here has been really helpful to me, and patient! I think I'm a slow learner. Well, gotta go do a water change before bed. See ya in the forum!
Denise

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore

saulPAB

Reaction score
thanks for such a warm welcome all!

i've been lurking for about a week now trying to find as much info as possible on the main site and old threads. you'd be surprised at how much info there is in threads that have nothing to do with the topic lol

anyway. i want to put fish in my tank but it isn't cycled yet. its painful to be this patient!

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Amen!
;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's only painful to you to be patient your fish will thank you by being healthy and happy
WELCOME TO FISHLORE!!!!!
Carol

saulPAB

Reaction score
Butterfly said:
It's only painful to you to be patient your fish will thank you by being healthy and happy
WELCOME TO FISHLORE!!!!!
Carol

happy fish is a happy fishaholic!

btw.. i think my tank has seen its nitrite spike. took readings this weekend after a week of dropping pure ammonia in it.

ammonia was like .25 (i'm doing this off of memory cuz i'm at work)
nitrite was 1.5
nitrate was 0

i pulled back on ammonia .. cuz i'm assuming thats my nitrite spike. only putting in 3 drops per 10 gallon now of ammonia

hopefully my cycle is doing well

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! I'm in Florida too! It's great to have you with us! Whatcha gonna put in your beautiful new tank after it's cycled? ;D

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome To FishLore!

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator