Hi There To All The Fish Enthusiasts!

heatherleeufc

Member
I’m new on here and just recently getting into Bettas and have found tons of great info here and wanted to join to be able to partake in some Betta enthusiasts knowledge! Super excited to have found this forum!
 

Joyii

Member
Welcome to the forum!! I got my first fishes (including a betta) just a little over a month ago and this forum has helped me so much! Everybody here is always helpful and kind, you're sure to learn a lot more about bettas!

Have you had your eye on a specific betta you want to get? :0
 

Thunder_o_b

Member
Greetings and welcome to Fishlore
 
  • Thread Starter

heatherleeufc

Member
Joyii said:
Welcome to the forum!! I got my first fishes (including a betta) just a little over a month ago and this forum has helped me so much! Everybody here is always helpful and kind, you're sure to learn a lot more about bettas!

Have you had your eye on a specific betta you want to get? :0
I’m not 100% sure but I do love the crowntail and half moon Bettas for their appearance but I really want one with a lot of personality. I’m not sure if some Bettas are know to have more of a personality than others or if it’s just more individualized per fish. I have koI and goldfish in an outdoor pond and I know some breeds are known to be more social than others but not sure if that applies to Bettas. Do you have any suggestions?
 

Kathryn Crook

Member
welcome! And I'm sure you won't find any shortage of ppl here willing to tell you all about the personalities of their Betta! You would think they were their children or something...sheesh! o_O
 

Joyii

Member
heatherleeufc said:
I’m not 100% sure but I do love the crowntail and half moon Bettas for their appearance but I really want one with a lot of personality. I’m not sure if some Bettas are know to have more of a personality than others or if it’s just more individualized per fish. I have koI and goldfish in an outdoor pond and I know some breeds are known to be more social than others but not sure if that applies to Bettas. Do you have any suggestions?
Crowntails and halfmoons are both beautiful bettas! The personality will be different for each betta, so it'll really be up to the betta to decide how it wants to act haha
My veil tail (the one in my profile picture) is very energetic. Whenever a new decoration is added or moved, he always swims around it and seemingly "studies" it. It's quite adorable! Though, he'll flare at himself and try to attack his reflection if he sees himself against the side panel, so that's something. (I do have to admit, veil tails look extra beautiful when they flare)

As for suggestions, I can't really say because I honestly love every single kind of betta there is. Though if you are a fan of koi, you might want to check out some koI betta, which have both crowntail and halfmoon variants
 
  • Thread Starter

heatherleeufc

Member
Joyii said:
Crowntails and halfmoons are both beautiful bettas! The personality will be different for each betta, so it'll really be up to the betta to decide how it wants to act haha
My veil tail (the one in my profile picture) is very energetic. Whenever a new decoration is added or moved, he always swims around it and seemingly "studies" it. It's quite adorable! Though, he'll flare at himself and try to attack his reflection if he sees himself against the side panel, so that's something. (I do have to admit, veil tails look extra beautiful when they flare)

As for suggestions, I can't really say because I honestly love every single kind of betta there is. Though if you are a fan of koi, you might want to check out some koI betta, which have both crowntail and halfmoon variants
Thanks! I’ll look into those also and post a pic of whichever one I adopt
 

Discus-Tang

Member
Welcome to the Fishlore cult group I love halfmoons, especially when they flare and show off. Their fins are huge. I have two.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Prefer double-tails myself, but there is a koI and an elephant ear at the store might end up at my house soon....
 

CatfishGuy

Member
I've heard 'round the block that crowntails are pretty energetic. Every time I go to petco the crowntails are the healthiest and they're almost always flaring at something. Now that I think of it they might just be a very aggressive type for some reason.
 

Sean Smith

Member
You can message me if you have any questions . I am happy to help any time . I breed them and have been doing so for almost five years now . I’ve gotten quite a few things pretty down on them
 

RainBetta

Member
Welcome! As you can see from my name, I LOVE bettas sooooo much! My personal favorites are plakats and female elephant ears! I think they thrive in a larger tank so there is no big tail weighing them down. I certainly don't have a problem with the other types though My only 2 current bettas are halfmoon and butterfly males
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
CatfishGuy said:
I've heard 'round the block that crowntails are pretty energetic. Every time I go to petco the crowntails are the healthiest and they're almost always flaring at something. Now that I think of it they might just be a very aggressive type for some reason.
Mine is pretty chill. He likes to swim and explore, but getting him to flare is a chore lol!! My little rastahfarian...
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom