hi there i am a new member

hartley9uk

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,

I have a small tropical fish tank with 4neons,2 tiger barbs, 4 zebra's and two other breeds which i can not remember the names off the top of my head, i am totally new to fish keeping and have it going now for about 3months , and out of all my fish i have only lost 2 zebra's and 1 neon. All my fish are living happily with each other now they have settled.

I have a question for you experts though, i have just changed the tank water and have noticed on the floor of the tank it is like all fluffy and cotton wool like??????
Not sure why have never had it go like this before, and the fish are all fine??

Can anyone help...thanx emma

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I hope someone here can help you. It might be useful to describe your tank in depth. How many gal.? Do you have plants, what kind of substrate, filters etc. Do you check for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? If so what are they now?

Do you vacuum the gravel? If you don't I would suggest getting a gravel vac. and doing this about once a week. You may have just stirred up the waste that has been accumulating in the substrate. This needs to be removed on a regular basis to keep your tank healthy.

I am glad you found fishlore, lots of friendly folks here with a wealth of knowledge.

Fish in the Frozen North. 8)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore Did you change all the water?
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
;Dhi, welcome to fishlore. i think those are just dust from your gravels. think it will just settle in a day or two.

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore.
Joe G.

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome! What kind of filter are you using? It isn't undergravel is it?

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
hello I have learned not to think or speculate, with fish tanks and I speak only from my own exp?just sit an watch enjoy fishlore excellent site...thx 4 ur time ...Clint

Sportiboy

Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore.com

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!