Hi - Recently Got Back To Fish Keeping.

Bekaw

Reaction score
hiya,

Back to fish keeping and I have a pair of blue rams and some guppies in my tank - I have a problem which I already posted so won’t repeat here with worms maybe totally devastated- have posted on the fish disease section if anyone could help please?

Sarcasm Included

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, welcom back!

Hold your head up, parasites generally take quite a bit of time to actually kill off the fish allowing you plenty of time to cure the fish. It just takes a horribly long time to totally get rid of them.

OP
B

Bekaw

Reaction score
Cheers guys will the general cure risk my shrimp - I have a spare small tank and heater that I can put them in temporarily if needed?

Epicoz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don’t think so it’s fine for shrimp.

OP
B

Bekaw

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone! You’ve made me feel a lot better about not being around for a couple of days I did a 50% water change yesterday and another 30% today just in case it’s the parameters out a bit that is causing them to rub as I read that too much ammonia can do it - there’s no sign of any parasites externally - no ich or yellow or white fluff or worms attached. I have a new test kit on the way - stupidly forgot it would be bankholiday ordering. Will test when as soon as I am back if it has arrived.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom