Hi - Recently Got Back To Fish Keeping.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Bekaw, Apr 19, 2019.

1. BekawNew MemberMember

hiya,

Back to fish keeping and I have a pair of blue rams and some guppies in my tank - I have a problem which I already posted so won’t repeat here with worms maybe :( totally devastated- have posted on the fish disease section if anyone could help please? :(

2. Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

Hi, welcom back!

Hold your head up, parasites generally take quite a bit of time to actually kill off the fish allowing you plenty of time to cure the fish. It just takes a horribly long time to totally get rid of them.

3. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

4. BekawNew MemberMember

Cheers guys :) will the general cure risk my shrimp - I have a spare small tank and heater that I can put them in temporarily if needed?

5. EpicozWell Known MemberMember

I don’t think so it’s fine for shrimp.

6. Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

General cure is metronidazole and paziquantel (sp) which shouldn't hurt the shrimp. Metronidazole works much better if fed.

7. BekawNew MemberMember

Thank you so much everyone! You’ve made me feel a lot better about not being around for a couple of days :) I did a 50% water change yesterday and another 30% today just in case it’s the parameters out a bit that is causing them to rub as I read that too much ammonia can do it - there’s no sign of any parasites externally - no ich or yellow or white fluff or worms attached. I have a new test kit on the way - stupidly forgot it would be bankholiday ordering. Will test when as soon as i am back if it has arrived.